Complaint Review: Lube It All

• Submitted: Mon, November 07, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, April 05, 2009

• Reported By:Hackettstown New Jersey
Lube It All
141 Mountain Ave. Hackettstown, New Jersey U.S.A.

Lube It All ripoff, dishonest car service, Hackettstown New Jersey

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: not credible

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Not Credible

*Consumer Suggestion: sorry you got ripped off, lots of these places take advantage of women

I went to Lube It All for a scheduled oil change. The man asked me to come into the garage and showed me that my power steering fluid was black. He asked if I wanted it to be changed, I said yes.

When I recieved my bill the total was $295.53. I did not ask for a "transmission flush" or"coolant flush". These two things were added to my bill.

While sitting in the waiting room I was surrounded by three men also oil changes in thier cars. I was the only one to be asked to come into the garage to look as something, because I am female.

Last time I went to get my oil changed it cost about $90. Today this process took about 45mins, to do all the things that they said they did to my car should have taken more than 45 mins.

I recieved my bill paid with credit card but did not sign the bill on the signature line.

Jane
Hackettstown, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2005 11:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lube-It-All/Hackettstown-New-Jersey-07840/Lube-It-All-ripoff-dishonest-car-service-Hackettstown-New-Jersey-163630. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lube It All

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

not credible

AUTHOR: Chris Willcox - (U.S.A.)

'Jane', from November 2005, says that Lube It All in Hackettstown performed two services, a transmission fluid flush and a coolant flush, that she did not authorize, although this is after she says she did authorize a power steering flush. Also, she implies that the services were not done since it only took 45 minutes. And she says that because there were three guys with her in the waiting room and she was the only one asked to come out to the shop floor, that she was targeted as a woman.

It does not take even 45 minutes to flush the fluids noted, even one at a time, with the machines we use, and we often use them together. Yet this seems to be the only reason that Jane says the flushes were not done. It is really easy to see if a vehicle has 100% new transmission fluid as it is bright red. Was the "black" power steering fluid still black? Jane does not look. Does "Jane" take her car to a mechanic to see if the fluids were changed? No. In fact Jane makes an accusation of fraud without a shred of evidence, and without bothering to confirm, in any way, that work was not done. Jane's complaint does not have credibility.

It is possible there was some kind of miscommunication during the conversation between her and the technician, but this in no way means that Lube It All does things to customer's cars without authorization. We have been in business almost 23 years and nobody has ever been sold anything they did not ok, to the best of our knowledge. Human communication, unfortunately, often results in misunderstandings. I am not in business to do wrong things, and 'Jane' neither complained nor contested her charge, so I had no idea until now, 2009, she was not happy. Talk to me Jane. We cannot find you in our data base.

Nobody targets women at Lube It All. In fact it is always a delicate situation as we ask women who makes decisions about maintainence on a vehicle. Should we ask this of men? Some take offense either way, and some men bully thier wives by berating them about buying anything, especially auto maintainence, even when they are more ill informed, 'don't touch it if it ain't broke', than their wives. It is a control thing, not an auto thing.

Nothing is said about the vehicle which 'Jane' brought in. But it seems that it is likely that it was at least 5 years old, had a lot of miles, and was not well cared for as regards to the only thing that extends the life of a vehicle- fluid maintainence. The transmission flush is by far the most important, and at $100 the most expensive (but less than most shops charge) of the services that 'Jane ' received, and there is no doubt in my mind she did receive all of the services she paid for. The power steering flush is the least, but still an excellent idea for a vehicle, as above, which someone intends to keep.

Chris Willcox

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Not Credible

AUTHOR: Chris Willcox - (U.S.A.)

"Jane", from November 2005, says that Lube It All in Hackettstown performed two services, a transmission fluid flush and a coolant flush, that she did not authorize, although this is after she says she did authorize a power steering flush. Also, she implies that the services were not done since it only took 45 minutes. And she says that because there were three guys with her in the waiting room and she was the only one asked to come out to the shop floor, that she was targeted as a woman.

I am really sorry that some kind of miscommunication occured during the conversation between her and the technician, but this in no way implies, indicates, or means that Lube It All does things to customer's cars without authorization. We have been in business almost 23 years and nobody has ever been sold anything they did not ok, to the best of our knowledge. The best of human communication, unfortunately is often not without misunderstandings. I am not in business to do wrong things, and "Jane" neither complained nor contested her charge, so I had no idea until now, 2009, she was not happy. Talk to me Jane. We cannot find you in our data base.

Nobody targets women at Lube It All. In fact it is always a delicate situation as we ask women who makes decisions about maintainence on a vehicle. Should we ask this of men? Some take offense either way, but some men bully thier wives by berating them about buying anything, especially auto maintainence, even when they are more ill informed, "don't touch it if it ain't broke", than their wives. It is a control thing, not an auto thing.

Nothing is said about the vehicle which "Jane" brought in. But it seems that it is likely that it was at least 5 years old, had a lot of miles, and was not well cared for as regards to the only thing that extends the life of a vehicle- fluid maintainence. The transmission flush is by far the most important of the services that "Jane " received. The power steering flush is the least, but still an excellent idea for a vehicle, as above, which someone intends to keep. It does not take even 45 minutes to flush the fluids noted, even one at a time, with the machines we use, and I have to say that this really discredits "Jane"s credibility.

Chris Willcox

#3 Consumer Suggestion

sorry you got ripped off, lots of these places take advantage of women

AUTHOR: Christopher - (U.S.A.)

I hate to tell you, but and oil change shouldn't be much more than 90$ lots of these places take advantage of women. You should have a male relative take it in next time

#4 Consumer Suggestion

sorry you got ripped off, lots of these places take advantage of women

AUTHOR: Christopher - (U.S.A.)

manufacturer