Complaint Review: Lucille Roberts Fitness for Women

• Submitted: Tue, April 16, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, April 16, 2002

• Reported By:
Lucille Roberts Fitness for Women
430 89th St Bay Ridge, New York U.S.A.

Lucille Roberts Lucille Roberts Fitness for Women ripoff, fraud in membership sign up, dangerous childcare false promises Bay Ridge New York

I signed up for membership at the Lucille Roberts in Bay Ridge, NY. I specifically told her I would only be able to attend in the evenings, and I wanted to join only for a specific class (the studio circuit class) and I was interested in the childcare provided during these courses...she handed me a schedule which we looked at together...we detailed the evenings childcare would be available and the class I was interested in would be given. I also stated I did not want a 2 year membership, but she promised if I wished to cancel I could at any time with 30 day written notice. I agreed to this and signed for the membership.

The first night I attended the gym the class I wanted did not start until 8 pm and ran until 8:45 pm. The childcare was provided by a woman who spoke no English, and she is a relative of the woman behind the desk. The children in the room belonged to the woman behind the desk... And the childcare ended at 8:30 pm...in other words, I had to walk away from an intense workput without cooling down because I had been paged to pick up my 6 year old son..I was also paged during the workout (again being called away in the middle of an intense workout) because my son needed water and was not given any. My son also incurred a bloody lip during the hour I was there. He stated a child hit him with a toy. I was not told I would also have to pay for this "childcare." When I dared to voice my complaint to the woman behind the desk she merely stated "you have to pay the babysitter. I"m sorry you have to leave your workout, but there is no childcare past 8:30."

I asked her if I could cancel my membership (this being only one night I attended this awful place) and she stated I would have to contact the billing department and she gave me a slip of paper. I will contact them in the morning and I do not expect good customer service but I am so incensed with how this evening went that I will go as far as I have to in order to expose this chain for what it is.

I was told I would work out in the one class I wanted 2 nights a week and be provided childcare. Instead I was told I could not attend the class in it's entirety, my son was injured, and I was expected to pay for this wonderful service. The woman was rude, and directly told me my membership could not be cancelled unless I contact a billing dept at 212-734-9717. There was no apology for my class being interrupted, NONE for my sons' lip, and worst of all, she actually chased me outside to pay for the childcare.

I intend to bring my son to his pediatrician tomorrow and I will file a report through my employer at the hospital I work out to investigate the "childcare" provided at this location. I am very unhappy with this and wish to terminate the membership..I am willing to even pay a fee to do it.

Lucille Roberts is poorly run and I would not recommend it to anyone.

Rosemarie
Bay Ridge, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2002 06:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lucille-Roberts-Fitness-for-Women/Bay-Ridge-New-York-11209/Lucille-Roberts-Lucille-Roberts-Fitness-for-Women-ripoff-fraud-in-membership-sign-up-dan-18973. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lucille Roberts Fitness for Women