recommendations

Complaint Review: Lucky For Life Lotto Freedom Financial Investment Ontario Canada SCAM!!

• Submitted: Fri, December 07, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, December 07, 2007

• Reported By:Marysville Ohio
Lucky For Life Lotto Freedom Financial Investment Ontario Canada SCAM!!
1517 Daveport Lane Suite 401 Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada

Lucky For Life Lotto Freedom Financial Investment Told me I won a sweepstakes lottery in Niagara Falls Ontario Canada

I received a check in the mail today from Lucky for Life Lotto and Freedom Financial Investment. I called my husband at work and told him it looked real, but I don't even remember entering a sweepstakes or doing any lottery online. Wells Fargo was supposedly the bank the check was issued through. I called them up and told them I needed to know if this was a real check so I gave them the acct. number on the check and she said it was a fake. It looks like a real check! The check was for $3,700 and in the letter they said that the would send me the rest (by check, money order, or wire transfer). I had my suspicions and I had a feeling this check wasn't real. Right before I called the bank I did some research on the internet. I found out that if it's a real lottery, they won't ask for money to pay any fees to them. In the letter they said to cash the check and THEN call them to verify and get the rest of the money. After the check is cashed, it takes a few days to process, then if it's a fake, the check will bounce. I hope this is helpful to all of you who think you're being scammed! I'm glad I did my research because we would be out some money here... a lot! The letter is signed also, and it's a real signature because it smears when wet. Beware of these scams and remember to do the research before you give any personal information away! These scammers are professionals and they'll do anything to get money from anybody! They've done it a million times I'm sure. Can you believe there are people out there that would steal money away from someone who actually really needs it to support their families?! What a sick world we live in!! One other thing, it's illegal to play lotteries in other countries. And you would think they'd send a check for $3,700 by certified mail!

Kelly
Marysville, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2007 12:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lucky-For-Life-Lotto-Freedom-Financial-Investment-Ontario-Canada-SCAM/Niagara-Falls-Ontario-L6B3J4/Lucky-For-Life-Lotto-Freedom-Financial-Investment-Told-me-I-won-a-sweepstakes-lottery-in-N-289712. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lucky For Life Lotto Freedom Financial Investment Ontario Canada SCAM!!