Complaint Review: Lucy from meetup.com's Alpharetta moms group

• Submitted: Mon, October 22, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, October 22, 2012

• Reported By: MAMA — johns creek Georgia United States of America
Lucy from meetup.com's Alpharetta moms group

Lucy from meetup.com's Alpharetta moms group "Lucy" Rip off of dues/cancellation of membership once dues were paid without explantion Internet

I am a new stay at home mom so I decided to join a local moms group to get out and make some new friends for myself and my beautiful new baby. I was excited to find the "Alpharetta moms" group group in my area. I was allowed to join the group by "Lucy" and it was requested that I pay the online dues. I paid the dues immediately without question or concern as I figured this was a legitimate group of friendly moms wanting the same as I. Over the nexy few weeks I logged on almost everyday looking for a meetup that was of interest to me and appropriate for my newborn.....after a few weeks I logged on to find my "memebership" was cancelled. I thought hmmm thats strange it must be a mistake so I emailed Lucy explaining the situation but never got a response.....I waited about a wk and emailed again for a total of 4 emails but Lucy never even bothered to respond. I thought it was really strange so I decided to just send another response to Lucy to rejoin the group as she responded to that email within minutes and was happy to take my money very quickly!!!!!! To my surprise she had actually blocked me from rejoining lol???? Keep in mind I had never even been to any groups or even ever spoke to this Lucy lady and now I am blocked as if I had done soemthing wrong??? All I did was pay her money and try to fin d a meetup tha interested me before going to one. It was very strange!!! As a last resort I decided to just be done with it and request a refund. I submitted the refund request waited a few days andf logged back on to find that she had now blocked me from even making a refund request. Seriously??????????? I plan to contact my bank today but I shouldn't have to do all this for nothing. This group is a total scam BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2012 08:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lucy-from-meetupcoms-Alpharetta-moms-group/internet/Lucy-from-meetupcoms-Alpharetta-moms-group-Lucy-Rip-off-of-duescancellation-of-member-958211. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lucy from meetup.com's Alpharetta moms group