• Report: #220409

• Submitted: Mon, November 13, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, December 18, 2006

• Reported By:will give email address Michigan
Luebke Baker And Associates
PO Box 9398 Peoria, Illinois U.S.A.

Luebke Baker And Associates Company will not send proof of what i owe and is charging me on behalf of Magazine Source from 2001 Peoria Illinois

*Author of original report: Have not rec'd any more phone calls

*Author of original report: Consumer Protection Division

I have been receiving calls from Luebke Baker and Associates (LBA) for a month saying I have an outstanding debt around $385.00. The are collecting on behalf of Magazine Source from 2001. LBA said there is a settlement amount of around 100.00 if I paid by Credit card or check over the phone. I told them I do not give personal information over the phone and I would like a bill sent to my home saying what I owe. LBA asked for my current address. I did not give it to them.

I have had experience with another bill collector and they know what my current address is - they send me a bill and I pay for it. I will not give personal information over the phone. All I would like is proof before I pay. I have moved since 2001 and my mail has been forwarded. I have not received anything from 2001 to present. I am now receiving calls everyday from LBA. They are very rude and of course I have yelled at them for calling. I am now in process of sending a letter telling them not to contact me. I would like to contact Magazine Source but do not have any contact info.

Jessica
will give email address, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2006 05:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Luebke-Baker-And-Associates/Peoria-Illinois-61612/Luebke-Baker-And-Associates-Company-will-not-send-proof-of-what-i-owe-and-is-charging-me-o-220409. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Luebke Baker And Associates

Have not rec'd any more phone calls

AUTHOR: Jessica - (U.S.A.)

I reported LBA to the Attorney General and rec'd a letter back from LBA that they will no longer contact me and have not turned my account over to any credit reporting agency.

Consumer Protection Division

AUTHOR: Jessica - (U.S.A.)

I have just turned in LBA to the Consumer Protection Division.