• Report: #207322

• Submitted: Tue, August 22, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, August 25, 2006

• Reported By:Brea California
Luebke Baker And Associates
8903 N. Pioneer Rd Peoria, Illinois U.S.A.

Luebke Baker And Associates ripoff Peoria Illinois

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Don't worry about your magazine collection

After reading similar reports about this company I have to file a report also. Although it may seem a little different as the phone calls took place at my in-laws residence. My mother-in-law began receiving phone calls from a Baker & Associates about two weeks ago asking for my husband. This is really strange because he has not lived at that residence in 4 years. His mother tried to obtain more information however, at first when she tried to find out what the call was about, they would hang up on her. Then as more calls came in about 7:30pm PST everyday they were getting a little more information that the call was regarding a settlement. Now I know this is wrong information, because my husband and I settled all of our debts through bankruptcy court almost 3 years ago. So I know it could not be anything from the past. The last time the call came into my mother in law she told them he did not live there and they should stop calling as she had registered for the Do not call list and she would report them if they continued to call. They have not called her for the past two days. In the past when dealing with debt collection, we would receive letters in the mail telling us about the debt also along with phone calls. The other thing is they had the wrong phone number for my husband and the worst part was they were asking my mother in law for his address and phone number, which she did not give them. I have heard a lot about identity theft scams lately so this why I am concerned about this. Is the attorney general going to do anything about these companies causing more stress on hard working families? After reading one of the other complaints from Natalie, I was relieved because the situation sounded so similar. I hope more people come forward to report this scam.

Kim
Brea, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2006 11:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Luebke-Baker-And-Associates/Peoria-Illinois-61615/Luebke-Baker-And-Associates-ripoff-Peoria-Illinois-207322. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Luebke Baker And Associates

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Don't worry about your magazine collection

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

First off, this can't go on your credit. I assure you that they're not collecting on a ficticious debt, but rather called you in the guise of a free gift and you accepted, and gave out your information (they can't charge your account without your consent, it's just impossible, so you gave the information at some point).

I used to work for LBA, and here are your two options

1) Pay $80.. tell them you'll pay $80 and that's that, and they'll knock it down to that for you. $80 is the "minimum" that the supervisors allow people to knock each account down to.. just tell them $80 or nothing

2) Mention the Attorney General. I was fired for fishing out their fraud, and another person I know was fired for generating letters after the system was down. This company has a HUGE turnaround (a year later I was working with my supervisor at another call center and we were peers). They'll erase it from the system.

The big thing you have to know is LBA owns these magazine companies they're collecting for.