Complaint Review: Lugosi Autosport

• Submitted: Wed, October 17, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, October 17, 2012

• Reported By: Pepe — Carlsbad California United States of America
Lugosi Autosport
8861 Balboa Ave. San Diego, CA 92123 San Diego, California United States of America

Lugosi Autosport Manuel Castro I contracted this company to paint my car from a Craigslist ad (first mistake). After 34 days of lying to me, he finally blackmailed me into paying him $100 to find out the whereabouts of my vehicle. San Diego, California

I contracted with Lugosi Autosport, Manuel Castro (alias Mike Lugosi) to have my automobile painted with a $400 cash deposit. In the 34 days of correspondence while he had my car in his possession (18 phone calls, 45 texts and 56 emails), I was lied to so many times that I lost count; from progress of the paint job to promises of completion dates.

On the 34th day in his possession, and after reporting the car stolen to the police department, he finally contacted me and blackmailed into paying him $100 to release the location of my vehicle which was a mile from the Mexican border. After receiving the information and talking to the painter, I was informed that absolutely nothing was done to the car because "Lugosi" had not paid him the deposit to start the work. The painter was courteous enough to release the car to me with no drama.

I am now out $100 cash, $40 in gasoline, and behind over a month with my project.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2012 11:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lugosi-Autosport/San-Diego-California-92123/Lugosi-Autosport-Manuel-Castro-I-contracted-this-company-to-paint-my-car-from-a-Craigslist-956207. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lugosi Autosport