Complaint Review: Lulu Poetry.com, Previously Poetry.com

• Updated: Fri, April 17, 2009

• Reported By:corpus christi Texas
Lulu Poetry.com, Previously Poetry.com
lulupoetry.com Internet U.S.A.

Lulu Poetry.com, Previously Poetry.com Ripped off by Poetry.com whcih is now Lulupoetry.com Maryland Internet

I sent in $145 to Poetry.com for 6 books to be published in the Immortal Verses due out mid winter. I never recieved the books and was unable to get any reply from my emails to help@poetry.com and all phone numbers I had said no voice mailbox was set up for that number. There was no phone listing for Poetry.com by name or address in Owensmills, Maryland.

I did manage to get through to a voice mailbox at Lulu poetry and left a message.I received a call today from a Leon Travers and he stated that his company simply purchased the domain name of poetry.com and were in no way affiliated with them. When I asked why the domain name of poetry.com and lulupoetry.com were registered by the same company, a MarkMonitor.com he had no answer or explanation. I aksed him if ANY employee of Lulupoetry.com was or had been affiliated with Poetry.com he said no. He says his company is on the up and up and they will strive to gain the trust of anyone who does business on their web site. I am sure they will.......

I personally will never again send any money to anyone for my poems to be published unless they pay me. Or, I will self publish my work. I can't believe I was so stupid to finally give in after 2 years of not purchasing anything from poetry.com and sent them money I will never get back. I am still looking for any attorney for a possible class action lawsuit against poetry.com and the sites affiliated with it. I hope in the future, all of us who got burned will have learned a lesson and urge you to all keep writing! When you have written enough publish your own books even if it is just for family and friends to enjoy. Good luck to you and God Bless!

T s
corpus christi, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2009 12:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lulu-Poetrycom-Previously-Poetrycom/internet/Lulu-Poetrycom-Previously-Poetrycom-Ripped-off-by-Poetrycom-whcih-is-now-Lulupoetryco-444472. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lulu Poetry.com, Previously Poetry.com