Complaint Review: Lumberton Kia

• Reported By: adora — Bladenboro North Carolina
Lumberton Kia
3505 E Elizabethtown Rd Lumberton, North Carolina United States of America

Lumberton Kia Ripoff Artists Lumberton, North Carolina

Me and my bf's experience started out well.

It was like this, the price we were quoted to start with was 8900, with a mileage of 89k for an 02 Honda Odyssey by our salesman Jimmy Hayes.  We were told that due to the age of the van, that it was not available for financing, so I talked him down to 7300. Then we left the lot, because they had to bring the van in from Fayetteville, and we said we would be there the next day to hash out the rest of the details. Thirty minutes later my bf gets a call, it was our salesman Jimmy, he said that we couldn't get 5200 on our trade in, and total cost of the vehicle would be 16k. Bf said, "I don't think I'm hearing you right, talk to the old lady."

I get the phone and he said, we can do 5200 on the trade in, and total cost will be 14.3k, I was under the impression the $7300 was the total price, not a down payment. We checked the Kelly Blue Book value of that van before we left home, in the best condition, it was only 8500, and I told him I refused to pay double that amount. Oh, and the kicker, he said that the mileage wasn't 89k that "someone" must have looked at the wrong vehicle (after TWO people confirmed the mileage was 89k) cause the mileage on it was 116k. Who in their right mind is gonna pay 14k for an 11 year old minivan that has 116k miles on it?

After coming home, and entering the new mileage in on KBB.com , the cost of the van was $7730, assuming that it was in excellent condition.

That is what KBB recommends from a dealer. Motor trend has it much lower

On a scale to A+ to F the BBB (Better Business Bureau) has them rated as F.

Theyuse the classic sleazy salesman tactics, and I would not recommend that anyone consider purchasing a vehicle from this business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2013 12:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lumberton-Kia/Lumberton-North-Carolina-28358/Lumberton-Kia-Ripoff-Artists-Lumberton-North-Carolina-1045543. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lumberton Kia