Complaint Review: Luminous Brites

• Submitted: Mon, November 17, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, November 17, 2008

• Reported By:Delafield Wisconsin
Luminous Brites
3600 Ocean View #2 Glendale, California U.S.A.

Luminous Brites Cresttoothwhitening.com Dealsizer.com Suffolkdentistry.org Luminous Brites Teethwhitening Scam - "FREE" whitening kit means $88.97 out of your bank account! Glendale California

Luminous Brites
3600 Ocean View #2
Glendale, CA
866 360 1477

I replied to an internet ad offering a toothwhiting process for free - 5.99 for S&H plus you would receive a free Crest toothbrush kit (toothbrush, toothpaste & floss). I received the tooth whitening trays and gel - no Crest kit. About one month later I received another toothwhitening kit and they had debited $88.97 off my debit card!!! I did not give them any permission to debit this card.

A note with the shipment said, "As stated in the terms and conditions that you agreed to during the purchase of your trial offer on Luminous brite.com, if the trial is not cancelled within 20 days, you are automatically enrolled in our auto shipment program in which you receive a refill every 30 days at a discounted price."
I never agreed to anything nor did I see any terms or conditions on the offer or anything about this being a trial of any kind.

Luminous brites operates under several website names:

luminousbrites.com
cresttoothwhitening.com
dealsizer.com
luminousbritessample.com
suffolkdentistry.org

I am sure there are more. Crest denies any association, yet several people complained that the reason they thought the offer was safe was because the name Crest was on the offer. I did not receive a Crest kit nor did any people who complained about this scam. I have tried to go through their procedure to cancel auto shipments:

a: Cancel by visiting www.Luminousbrites.com/cancel
b: Call us at 866 360-1477 (only during business hours:Mon-Fri 8am-4pm PST)
c: Email us at support@luminousbrites.com (only during business hours)

Supposedly, you have to call/email and get an RMA - I have emailed them repeatedly - they rarely answer and when they do, they never give me an RMA number. I will not stop until this company is exposed and I get my refund.

I have reported this company to the Federal Trade Commission, the Better Business Bureau and to any ripoff site I can find.

BJ
Delafield, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2008 05:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Luminous-Brites/Glendale-California-91208/Luminous-Brites-Cresttoothwhiteningcom-Dealsizercom-Suffolkdentistryorg-Luminous-Brites-392148. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Luminous Brites