Complaint Review: Luminousbrites.com

• Submitted: Tue, October 07, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, October 07, 2008

• Reported By:Mendocino California
Luminousbrites.com
3600 Ocean View, #2 Glendale, California U.S.A.

Luminousbrites.com Whiten teeth, lighten bank account! Glendale California

This is a "free sample" scam: Pay only postage and handling and get a free sample of a tooth whitening system, they say. I looked for the "catch," something that would indicate that there'd be hidden or recurring charges, but didn't see anything, and ordered. Sure enough, a couple of weeks later, I see a charge for $88.97 on my bank statement.

When I called, the guy answering the phone had obviously answered the same angry question many, many times: "Why has your company charged $88.97 to my card?" "Because you didn't cancel your subscription in time," he said tiredly.

"If I agreed to a subscription," I say, "it was unintentional. If it was stated anywhere that I was subscribing, it was in fine print and I didn't see it. You count on people not seeing it, and getting charged. I want a full refund." "If you want a refund," he siad,"you'll have to e-mail customer service."

By the time I was off the phone, there was an e-mail from "customer sevice" saying my "membership" had been cancelled--obviously, he used caller ID to get my info. But no mention of a refund--just that I wouldn't be further charged. I replied to the e-mail, saying they were playing an intentional game of "gotcha," and to refund my $88.97 immediately. A reputable company, I said, would immediately refund a charge incurred by a misunderstanding. So far, nothing.

Eleanor
Mendocino, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2008 08:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Luminousbritescom/Glendale-California-91208/Luminousbritescom-Whiten-teeth-lighten-bank-account-Glendale-California-379206. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Luminousbrites.com