• Report: #720919

4415 San Pedro Ave San Antonio, Texas United States of America

Luna Car Center Buyers Beware San Antonio, Texas

*Consumer Comment: I Agree With Jim

*Consumer Comment: Sounds like this place

*Consumer Comment: You've Got To Be Kidding!

Bad business practice on behalf of Luna Car Center. I financed a Chevy Van from Luna Car Center with an initial down payment of $1000.00 and 2 pickup payments of $500.00. We made the first pickup payment of $500.00. Shortly after this we received a letter in the mail from a company called Car Financial who stated that our loan was sold to
them by Luna Car Center and we no longer make any payments to Luna.
First I called Car Financial and asked who we make our payments to and when the next payment was due. They stated that we no longer pay Luna and our payment was $350.00 to be payed on the first of the following month. I tried calling Luna numerous times that same day with no answer.
Originally the following $500.00 pickup payment was to be due on the 8th of April 2011. Kathrine from Luna Car Center Called me when the payment was already 13 days past due and said we had to pay them or bring the vehicle back to them. [continued below]....
..... I told them that we would not be able to make the payment until the 30th. Now we have spent $1500.00 on a
vehicle that is not with us. We were not informed by Luna that if the loan was transferred to Car Financial we would still be paying them for the last pickup payment. Kathrine who is the finance supervisor was very rude over the phone, decided to call me 13 days after the payment was due and tell me to either pay or return the van. If this was not done, than we would incur an additional repo fee of $350.00. We returned the car immediately. Now we are out of a vehicle. I have spoken with
Kathrine numerous times since we returned the vehicle stating that we will have the cash on the 30th of April. She said that they will hang on to the vehicle until then. This vehicle is being used for work purposes. I am not able to do my job without it. If she would have called us when the payment was 1 or 2 days past due, we would not be in this situation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2011 02:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Luna-Car-Center/San-Antonio-Texas-78212/Luna-Car-Center-Buyers-Beware-San-Antonio-Texas-720919. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Luna Car Center

I Agree With Jim

AUTHOR: MAJ - (United States of America)

As Jim stated, it is Your responsibility to know dates and do your follow up as a consumer and especially as a newly owner of a vehicle. You can't always trust for dealers to keep track of all Your needs. They have many more things to do than track a single account. As far as them selling notes, it happens ALL the time. When Luna didn't answer, your 1st response should have been to drive there and get the answers you needed and then and there, they would have clarified any other payments or such. As consumers, it is our job to do our homework. Its only a matter of how much you really value that item you have bought. If you don't, then don't complaint. If you do, don't go around blaming others for something that was your negligence.

Sounds like this place

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

Needs to get its act together.

You've Got To Be Kidding!

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

FIRST, the selling of the loan from the dealer to the finance company DOES NOT require your "approval" and DOES NOT require advance notice to you.  It happens all the time.

SECOND, this is YOUR account.  YOU are responsible to pay on time and now you are blaming the loan company because they didn't tell you when YOU are past due?  Since when is it their responsibility to tell you when the due date is?  Its YOUR account!

THIRD, you just take the car back as an involuntary repo.  Apparently you were sub-prime before this deal and now here we are into this and you continue in your sub-prime ways.

My advice to you is learn how to be responsible for your own destiny.  This is YOUR ACCOUNT.  You are not entitled to a car.  If you need a car to go to work, then YOU do whatever you need to do to insure you have that car for work.  In this case, the loan company did nothing wrong.