Complaint Review: Luna Car Center

• Updated: Mon, September 17, 2012

• Reported By: GotRippedOffByLuna — San Antonio Texas United States of America
Luna Car Center
4415 San Pedro San Antonio, Texas United States of America

Luna Car Center are ripoff artists STEALING $$ from consumers and LYING about condition of cars: San Antonio, Texas

*Author of original report: I dont doubt that

*Consumer Comment: Car Dealer Thieves

*Author of original report: Case closed

*Consumer Comment: Also Ripped off by Luna

*Consumer Comment: Also Ripped off by Luna

*Consumer Comment: What light was on?

*Author of original report: LUNA CAR CENTER is the only BUT.....

*Consumer Comment: Test-drive?

*Consumer Comment: I Understand...But...

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS DEALER!!!!!!!! Please contact me if you have issues with Luna Car Center...I have things in the works that I need additional people that were scammed by this company.

I bought a car from them and TWO DAYS LATER, I had to put it in the shop at the actual VW Dealership. Today, (I have owned the car NINE DAYS) I had to have the car towed from the VW shop as the entire engine needs to be replaced. The VW dealer said that this damage was COVERED UP by placing a new oil pan on the car. I now have a dead car being towed and I am out $6,000. REPLY TO THIS if you want to help take these people down.

I asked the salespeople (2) if the car was safe or if there was anything wrong with the car. I was told it was fine. The VW dealership said the fuel leak could have caused the car to catch fire. The engine problems could have caused it to seize up on the road while driving. They said this car should NEVER have been driven.
LUNA CAR CENTER COVERED THIS UP AND LIED WHEN I ASKED THEM.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2012 01:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Luna-Car-Center/San-Antonio-Texas-78212/Luna-Car-Center-are-ripoff-artists-STEALING-from-consumers-and-LYING-about-condition-o-842209. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Luna Car Center

I dont doubt that

AUTHOR: GotRippedOffByLuna - (United States of America)

I am the OP: Trust me when I tell you that I believe all of your horrible stories with this company. I called so many attorneys and spoke with KSAT.

Only if enough people came through would they do something.

The mediation agreement was a joke, dont get me wrong, but they did give me a settlement and their "legal representative" apologized for their lies, etc.

I honestly feel sorry for anyone that does business here. Hindsight is 20/20.

When filing my complaint with the TxDMV, they let me know that there is no regulations on used car dealerships buying broke down cars from auctions and turning around and selling them without even checking them out, so when you ask the sales rep, they really have no idea whats wrong with the car.

I am working to change these laws.

Car Dealer Thieves

AUTHOR: epifanio - (United States of America)

Luna Car Center stole $2,000 from me and then repo'd the car with Fraudulent legal papers. It is hard to believe they settled in mediation. They have 10+ complaints filed with BBB and have never responded to any of them.

Case closed

AUTHOR: GotRippedOffByLuna - (United States of America)

Per my agreement with Luna, I am writing to say (since I cannot delete the post) that we met in mediation last night and this case is now closed. As a good business owner, they responded to me and took steps to help solve this issue, which I appreciate.

Also Ripped off by Luna

AUTHOR: Also Ripped of by Luna - (United States of America)

I would like to discuss this with you.  I've had an extremely similar problem with Luna.   Text me at  2403570.

Also Ripped off by Luna

AUTHOR: Also Ripped of by Luna - (United States of America)

I would like to discuss this with you.  I've had an extremely similar problem with Luna.   Please leave me a voice or text msg at 2403570 in the same area code as you.

What light was on?

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"There was a light on the dash and when questioned, I was told that it was just the fuses that needed to be replaced"

What light was on? Think about that. If fuses need to be replaced, the seller would replace those fuses prior to attempting to sell a car.

"I understand fully 'as is, no warranty'."

It does not appear that way.

LUNA CAR CENTER is the only BUT.....

AUTHOR: GotRippedOffByLuna - (United States of America)

Thank you for your response. I test drove the car. It drove fine. There was a light on the dash and when questioned, I was told that it was just the fuses that needed to be replaced, but the car itself was fine with no issues.

The attorney that I hired says we have a case, since he has also received several other calls in the past few months regarding the same exact issues with this dealer.

I understand fully "as is, no warranty". What I do not understand is, how do you buy a car at auction and not even check to see if, before trying to make a profit, you are not putting a car on the road that may possibly KILL someone?

I have an issue with poor business practices, no ethics and no morals when dealing with the public.

Test-drive?

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"LUNA CAR CENTER COVERED THIS UP AND LIED WHEN I ASKED THEM."

It is possible that the problems were covered up by the party that sold the car to the dealer.

How did the car perform during the test-drive?

I Understand...But...

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

I certainly understand the position you are in...you buy a car and it turns out to be junk but I think you are in store for rain. Did you sign paperwork stating the sale was "AS IS"? If so, you bought the car along with the problems. Did they give you a written statement to the effect there we no problems with the car? If not, then you will have no case. Is there a warranty on this car? If not, the repairs will come out of your pocket. Since you indicated the VW dealership shop discovered these problems AFTER you bought the car, did you test drive the car? Did you have a mechanic of your choice check out the car BEFORE you bought it?
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC