Complaint Review: Luna Carpet

• Reported By: Gia C — Chicago Illinois United States of America
Luna Carpet
10 Davis Drive Bellwood, Illinois United States of America

Luna Carpet will not honor warranty Bellwood, Illinois

*Author of original report: Luna Contacted us and they are honoring the warranty

*UPDATE Employee: Luna Would Like To Make This Right

On 8/25/2010 we ordered new carpeting for one of our apartments we needed it A.S.A.P so we went through Luna not our normal carpet company we use.

We had two tenants that were moving in the first of the month.  The previous tenant did have a pet and we had to replace all the carpets.  I tore the old carpets out myself.  So when the Luna salesman came out (Sal Abraham) we told him this and he recommended this odor eliminating carpet "with baking soda" in it I guess.  It was more money but he said it will hide any odors left from the pets.
It was a lot more money but we decided it was worth it.  They came and installed the carpet on 8/30/10 and it looked great.  The installers did a fabulous job and were professional. But we smelled a foul smell and immediately called and had an inspector come out to check on the odor.

It took 2 weeks for an inspector to come out they were supposed to call 30 mins before they arrived so we can meet them at the building since we do not live there.  They went and left a sorry we missed you letter on the door.  It took another 2 weeks for another appointment and we just waited there all day till she showed up.  Upon arrival she requested a remnant of the carpeting, we did not have any the rooms were square and the installers brought just enough for the rooms and did not leave any remnants.  The inspector said there is nothing she can do without a sample so my wife asked if she would just sample whats on the floor cut a corner.

She did and put her nose down to the carpet and said she believes it is coming from the carpet now this was September in October we heard back saying there is nothing coming from the carpet and the case is closed.  We have called Luna multiple times and they keep saying the inspector is an independent contractor of the carpet company and we have to deal with them.  We cannot find anyone to talk to or ask to help us with this matter.

Our tenants have since moved out and the apartment is vacant.

I would advise when dealing with Luna to check who holds the warranty responsibility on the products you purchase from them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2011 11:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Luna-Carpet/Bellwood-Illinois-60104/Luna-Carpet-will-not-honor-warranty-Bellwood-Illinois-693607. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Luna Carpet

Luna Contacted us and they are honoring the warranty

AUTHOR: Darin C - (United States of America)

We recieved a phone call today and Luna assured us they will rectify this situation.  After further discussion it was lost in the process on both sides.  While we were waiting for a call back Luna was waiting for a call from the inspector.  They are sending a salesman out to asses the situation and will replace the carpeting.

This makes me feel Luna does business very professionally.

Luna Would Like To Make This Right

AUTHOR: cmonroe - (United States of America)

Thank you for taking the time to review our services.  I am sincerely sorry that you had such a frustrating experience.  At Luna, we take pride in our customer service, our flooring quality and our warranties...so I am sadened to hear that this happened to one of our valued customers.  I'm sure being a landlord is stressful enough, our goal is to make the rest of the process as easy and affordable as possible when purchasing flooring from our company.  I would like to learn more about your experience if you would be so kind to contact me, customer feedback is extremely valuable to help improve our processes and elevate our very high standard of service.  I can be reached anytime at cmonroe@luna.com, I will do whatever I can to make this right.

Have a wonderful day.