• Report: #1020955

• Updated: Mon, March 04, 2013

• Reported By: Becky — Minooka Illinois United States of America
Luna Flooring
Naperville, Illinois United States of America

Luna Flooring my carpet is not a year old/falling apart at the seam in middle of floor/Luna says dog flooded area will not replace /called CEO and he never called back Naperville, Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: Dear Valued Customer

I bought luna carpet in June of 2012.  I purchased carpet that would withstand dogs.

I was told this carpet is for pets and if they wet on it all you have to do is pat it up and use a little dish soap on it.  So now back in Dec. the seam started coming apart I called they sent installer out to look at it.  installer told my brother that it was coming apart from the backing.  bad carpet.  plus they should never of put the seam in the middle of the room  Than Luna sent to the manfacture who sent out a gentleman to c heck the carpet.

My brother was there and he poured water on the spot shined a black light showed dust in the carpet he didn't say anything else.  I get a letter stating that the dog wet on it and that is why it is falling apart.  Remind you just one side is coming apart.  I looked at the report first the guy said I have a full basement(he never went down) I don;'t he said I have 2 dogs I have 3 than I was told it could be nitrates I said well we did clean the whole carpet  but we never let the water sit in one spot.

Its smack in the middle of the room.  So now No one will replace it and Luna wants to charge me 1200.00 to replace it and I paid 1880.00 (I believe that is a close est.)  I was told that if there were any defects it would be changed well I believe this is a defect even if my dog wet on it and I soaked it up or shampooed the carpet it should not fall apart in just one are one side of the seam.  I called and talked to Kathy and I than called and left a message for the CEO to please call me back.

And I have gotten no where.  I should not have to go to the manfacutre which i have I bought the carpet from Luna and they should be the ones fighting for me to get the carpet replaced.  But they want out of it and say it is up to the company.   I was not impressed with the lady I talked to she was talking down to me and arguing with me.  Than made an off of 1200.00 and wanted me to take it right than.  I feel it should be replaced / installed for nothing.  Is there something I can do about this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2013 09:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Luna-Flooring/Naperville-Illinois-60563/Luna-Flooring-my-carpet-is-not-a-year-oldfalling-apart-at-the-seam-in-middle-of-floorLu-1020955. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Luna Flooring

Dear Valued Customer

AUTHOR: Chris - (USA)

Thank you very much for letting us know about your situation in detail, we are sorry to hear about your frustrations and issues with your carpet.  I would like to look into this further and see if there is anything I can do to help.  If you could email me at cmonroe@luna.com with your account name and phone number, I will be able to look up your account.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely, Chris