Complaint Review: Lunada Bay Little League

• Submitted: Thu, June 26, 2014
  • Updated: Thu, June 26, 2014

• Reported By: A Parent that loves kids — Palos verdes California
Lunada Bay Little League
2020 Palos Verdes Dr W, Palos Verdes Estates, CA Palos Verdes Estates , California USA

Lunada Bay Little League Ripping off Local Familys and not abiding by Little League Organizational guidelines abd Rules Palos Verdes Estates California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Lunada Bay Little League

*UPDATE Employee: Lunada Bay Baseball

My family resently moved into the area and joined on this organiztion. The Lunada Bay Little league is not being run by the little league guidelines. The league is stealing the hearts and money from the local families that sign their children up to play. The board of directors are hand picked by themselves and are refusing to let the families / membership hold elections.  Most of the members are not liked in the communty. I witnessed them giving themselves thophies at the end of this season. The reason these people want to be on this board is not about the players or families . Its about power , control ,  and the favoritism for thier own children.  No Rules ,No Guidelines, No respect for all children .  The League is run by Cheaters that only care about if there children are on the ALL STARS and making sure they can manage or coach.  Please email (((redacted))) and help us get our league back for the kids.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2014 01:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lunada-Bay-Little-League/Palos-Verdes-Estates-California-90274/Lunada-Bay-Little-League-Ripping-off-Local-Familys-and-not-abiding-by-Little-League-Orga-1157747. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lunada Bay Little League

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Lunada Bay Little League

AUTHOR: LB Parent - ()

I am a parent of a Lunada Bay Little League player. I have never sat on the board, nor do I know any of the board members in a meaningful way. Like all the parents I know, we simply come to watch our children play baseball and compete. Little League is not an end in and of itself, but a very small contributor to the lessons our kids wil learn as they grow and mature.

I appreciate that we all want to see our children succeed; however, objectively, your note seems a bit petty and overbearing. What are you trying to accomplish? What is your end game? You must have some agenda, albeit sad given that it has to do with Little League.

As opposed to spending time trying to disparage a youth sports league and the volunteers who try to make all our kids enjoy a great experience, I'd suggest you dedicate such time making our league better with positive suggestions as opposed to heaving unsubstantiated and over-the-top allegations.

A poorly crafted, overly emotional email with no substance only discredits you and any genuine grievance you may have.

I'd suggest you read the Little League code of conduct and then work from there.

Lunada Bay Baseball

AUTHOR: PV Baseballer - ()

Do you really want a person like this running the league?  This person cannot spell.  Probably never finished high school.  Crack me up!!  Probably cannot count either, so all member fees would be wasted and the league bankrupt.  I'm guessing his son did not make the all star team.  He is probably home schooling his children, which is scary, because he would not want to send his kids to a school, since teachers are not selected by him or voted in.  If there was a vote, I'm not sure if this person can read, so not sure what he would vote for....