comedy

• Updated: Wed, August 20, 2014

• Reported By: Mac — Big Bear Lake California
LunarSleep.com
Internet USA

LunarSleep.com Charged my $84.99 without my permission for melatonin worth less than $2.00 internet

I noticed today I'd been charged 84.99 on my credit card by Lunar Skeep.

A few weeks back I ordered a trial sample for $1.98 shipping charge. It sounded like an interesting non-drug sleep aid.

When it came in the mail I read and find out it is almost completely melatonin which I already take. I get 180 melatonin 1G tablets for $4.00. This little bottle had 30 tables and no info on how much was melatonin. There was also GABA and 5-HTP. There is no amounts mentioned just melatonin and these other items as a "proprietary blend".

I tried one tablet and it didn't work well at all.

I never saw it mentioned that there was a 14 day trial at the end of which I'd be charged $84.99.

There is no address or phone number. Just QUESTIONS@LUNARSLEEP.COM as an address on the bottle.

I even had to call my credit card company to get their phone number as it wasn't listed with the charge. 877-824-6691 was the number my credit card company gave me.

When I called,the person who answered the call after 10 minutes of on-hold music, was a fellow who claimed his name was Kyle and he refused to give me his last name.

I told him that I was shocked with that charge amount and had never seen anything on the offer that this was the case. He rebutted my statement and said "We don't give out free merchandise" "You were in a 14 day trial and failed to respond before the deadline." I told him there was no sign of this when I signed up only a $1.98 charge for shipping.

I told him I needed to speak to an officer of the corporation to which he refuted and said he'd take my number and I'd be called back this day. I gave him my number and never received a call.

So here is the SCAM.

Trial for $1.98 is a trick to get your credit card info.

Later you're charged $84.99 for something you thought you'd got as a trial.

And it isn't worth 10% of what's charged.

I'm reporting this scam artist and his cohorts to the FBI.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2014 03:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LunarSleepcom/internet/LunarSleepcom-Charged-my-8499-without-my-permission-for-melatonin-worth-less-than-20-1171157. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LunarSleep.com