Complaint Review: Lund Cadillac

• Submitted: Sat, February 02, 2002
  • Updated: Sun, March 17, 2002

• Reported By:
Lund Cadillac
1311 E BELL RD Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Lund Cadillac in Phoenix AZ provides free beer before car buyers sign a car buying contract, BAD CAR DEALER BAD !!

My name is not important here, But what I am telling you, the car buyer is. It is a shame that Lund Cadillac has to pass out free beer to help get their customers to sign a car buying contract.

I went to Lund Cadillac located at ,1311 E BELL RD PHOENIX, AZ to do a bit of mystery shopping. You might say to see myself just how Lund Cadillac treats their car buyers. I chatted with one of their train sharks. I asked him if he had any Mercedes SL 500's. He took me over to a nice green one. I asked him to open the hood, He did. I checked the oil. What did I find? That this car had way too much oil in it. Maybe 4 or 5 quarts too much.

It seems to me that Lund Cadillac does not run their used cars through their service department or maybe they hire untrained mechanics to do their PDI's "Pre Delivery Inspections" Maybe this is a way to keep their profit up. Cheap labor is a sure way to do that.

After looking the car over, the trained shark asked If I wanted something to drink. I said sure. A nice cold drink would be nice. I went in to their VERY EXPENSIVE showroom and went over to a big bucket full of ice and drinks at the front of the showroom. To much of my surprise, I find that this dealership passes out free cold beer to it's buyers and shoppers.

Maybe it is much easier for this Cadillac dealer to get some to sign a car buying contract after getting them "feeling a bit better" with a "free Cold Beer". I find it very hard to believe that the AZ Attorney General's Office would approve of this drink a few beers and then sign their car buying contracts.

If you are even thinking of buying a new or used car from this car dealer, THINK TWICE!!! If you would like a Free beer, Drop by and belly up and then leave fast. Copy of this Ripp Off Report will be sent to the following.

General Motors Corp

Office of the Attorney General
1275 West Washington Street
Phoenix, AZ 85007
602-542-3702
602-542-5763 (consumer information and complaints)
Toll free in AZ: 1-800-352-8431
TDD: 602-542-5002
Fax: 602-542-4579
Web site: www.ag.state.az.us

If beer can make your decision making process slow when driving a car, Just think what it will cost you when buying a car.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lund-Cadillac/Phoenix-Arizona/Lund-Cadillac-in-Phoenix-AZ-provides-free-beer-before-car-buyers-sign-a-car-buying-contr-13145. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lund Cadillac