Complaint Review: Lute Riley Honda

• Updated: Sun, February 17, 2013

• Reported By: Vicky — Dallas Texas USA
Lute Riley Honda
13111 N Central Expressway Richardson, Texas United States of America

Lute Riley Honda Lute Riley Honda is not a reputable dealership Richardson, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Vicky

*Consumer Comment: Shall We Talk?

In April 2012 I took my Honda Odyssey to be repaired at Lute Riley Honda in Richardson, Texas. I told them to do a multi-point inspection to find out what was wrong with my transmission and brakes. Upon completing the inspection I was told by Joseph Shank, a mechanic there that all he found was the transmission switch needed to be replaced, the gasket, gear oil, pressure plate and clutch needed to be replaced. As well as the cat converter. I agreed and also purchased a warranty for my transmission. My subtotal was over $6000. After all the repairs I received my car back seven days later thinking that everything he stated would be replaced. Earlier this year the clutch stopped functioning. I took my mini van to the dealership for them to honor the warranty. I was told that the warranty did not cover clutch repairs. Basically I was lied to. I am still trying to seek justice and get them to honor their word. I highly recommend that no one use Lute Riley for any repairs. They do not have integrity to be in business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2013 11:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lute-Riley-Honda/Richardson-Texas-/Lute-Riley-Honda-Lute-Riley-Honda-is-not-a-reputable-dealership-Richardson-Texas-1015758. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lute Riley Honda

Vicky

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

I have a great mechanic off 35 and Royal - not cheap but will not screw you!! Dealerships will and I learned my lesson about them.  Just go to AES at this location!! They are great and do a fantastic job - will give you a quote before any work is done.

Shall We Talk?

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

A clutch is a part which wears out as it does it's job.  Under normal circumstances, the clutch is NOT covered by warranty just like brake pads/shoes etc.  You got about ten months out of this clutch.  If the repair was required the next week or month after the replacement, then perhaps you might have a case.  However, in the ten month period they could make a point the problem is how you shift if you were to take this to small claims court.  Can you prove otherwise?

Also, $6000+ for a clutch and cat converter seems a bit high but typical price gouging for a dealership.  I urge you to begin a relationship with a good independent shop.  I don't mean Walmart, the quick oil change place or somebody who works out of a storage unit.  I do mean somebody who owns and operates a well equipped shop and works on anything.  Often times the owner still works as a mechanic.  What you will find is better customer service and certainly much better prices!