Complaint Review: Lux E-Cigarette

• Updated: Sun, April 17, 2011

• Reported By: Christine Brean — Gardena California United States of America
Lux E-Cigarette
Internet, Florida United States of America

Lux E-Cigarette division of Aces International; also a distributor for Vapor Corp Trial offer was ~$30; cancelled order; received it ~15 days later; cc charge was ~$90; does not return calls Internet, Florida

An advertisement in January on the internet offered a trial of an "electronic cigarette."  These are "virtual" cigarettes with no tobacco, tar, second hand smoke, carbon monoxide, odor, or pollution.  It is not a smoking cessation program.  The trial offer was under $30.  I signed up with my credit card.  I received three calls from them to "verify my credit card number" and make additional offers.  The first two calls were received while I was driving.  On the third call I cancelled the order (February) and promptly forgot about it.  More than 2 weeks later I received the trial size package (March).  I did open it and tried it but did not like the aftertaste so I repacked it and stored it in a drawer.  In April I received my credit card bill from them for just under $90.  I called them to dispute the charge.  They were supposed to call back.  I called again.  Both times I was told I would receive notification from them within 72 hours.  It was 2 weeks last Friday.  I am now in the process of dealing directly with the credit card company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2011 02:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lux-E-Cigarette/Internet-Florida-/Lux-E-Cigarette-division-of-Aces-International-also-a-distributor-for-Vapor-Corp-Trial-o-718735. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lux E-Cigarette