retired

• Submitted: Fri, May 01, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, May 13, 2012

• Reported By:Sacramento California
Luxsauna
4120 Brighton Blvd Bldg B-12 Denver, Colorado U.S.A.

Luxsauna Lack of Warranty Support, possible misrepresentation of product, ignores email, phone calls, registered letter. Denver, Colorado

*Consumer Comment: LuxSauna products

*Author of original report: Best Sauna, Number 1 Sauna, #1 Sauna, Top Rated Sauna, Best Sauna Customer Service....NOT!

*Author of original report: Luxsauna; Lifetime Warranty on Wood Construction is EXPENSIVE!

My fault for not doing my homework BEFORE purchasing this product. A company only in business for two years and filed for bankruptcy. A "Lifetime Warranty" doesn't mean sh1t when the company is out of business. I assume the following report is current, but it may not be. It sure could explain why they have been ignoring me though!

From Businessweek.com

"LuxSauna, Inc. manufactures and supplies therapeutic portable infrared saunas. The company's saunas offer infrared radiant therapies for cancer, arthritis, blood pressure, high cholesterol, and heart ailments. LuxSauna, Inc. was founded in 2006 and is based in Lakewood, Colorado. On February 7, 2008, Luxsauna, Inc. filed a voluntary petition for reorganization under Chapter 11 in the US Bankruptcy Court for the District of Colorado."

7711 West 6th Avenue

www.luxsauna.com
Key Executives
Mr. David Floyd
President and Chief Executive Officer
Compensation as of Fiscal Year 2008.

THIS MEANS THEY WERE IN CHAPTER 11 WHEN I PURCHASED MY SAUNA!!

This is an example of a letter that got ignored, both through email and certified mail;

"To Whom This May Concern,

I wrote several months ago expressing a few of my concerns about the LuxSauna I bought. I've spoken to your "tech" several times. I also spoke to Viola on 1-13-09 about some of these issues.

I had a problem with the original ionizer in that it was working (ionized scent) but the unit was very noisy. It was replaced with a unit that does not work at all. The power LED lights up, but no ionizing is taking place, regardless of what your "tech" says. He says this is a "mechanical device" but it has no moving parts in it. This is not an expensive item, yet they refused to send another unit. Also, I found out that ozone generators (ionizers) are illegal to sell in some states.

I have a problem with the radio unit. More specifically, the AC to DC power supply. It is not filtered and it is impossible to listen to AM radio due to AC hum not being filtered out. Your "tech" says that "AM radio sucks anyway." FM reception seems to be effected, but to a lesser extent. Obviously not a quality radio or power supply.

I questioned Audrey about the claimed Cedar exterior as it seems to be the same type of wood and grain as the interior, only with a "cedar-like" stain on it. To me, exterior is clearly just stained and not a different wood. You can see where the stain begins and ends. Cedar has a scent. This has no scent. There was an odor from the stain when I first opened the boxes. That odor all gone, which is a good thing. I questioned if I got what was advertised. She didn't know, but said that I got mine for a good price! Is that supposed to undo a wrong? She said that if anyone was duped it would be your company as these are made by someone else for you. Again that does not make this right. It is YOUR responsibility to make sure the product YOU are selling meets the specifications BEFORE you sell it! This could be internet fraud.

Please look into these issues for me and get back as soon as possible with some solutions.

Thanks."

My "sauna" does work. It has functioned okay otherwise....so far. But the company is not solvent, completely ignores attemtps to contact them for support/repairs, and does not stand behind their product. I would NOT recommend purchasing one. If Luxsauna at least acknowledged my legitimate concerns MONTHS ago, maybe this report would not have been necessary. They left me no choice.

DO YOUR HOMEWORK! BUYER BEWARE!

Anonymous
Sacramento, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2009 03:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Luxsauna/Denver-Colorado-80216/Luxsauna-Lack-of-Warranty-Support-possible-misrepresentation-of-product-ignores-email-p-448112. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Luxsauna

LuxSauna products

AUTHOR: Rick - (United States of America)

Sounds to me as though you have a self-agenda.  I have purchased two LuxSauna models: one in 2006 (LTG-2) and one in 2012 (Eclipse 204).  Both products performed as advertised; and both products are working perfectly.  The CD player in the 2006 model stopped working after 3 1/2 years, but the warranty on the CD player was for one year; so I had no complaint.  The 2006 model was used twice a week for 45 minutes and still functions perfectly.  The 2012 model affords me the ability to lay down and so far is functioning perfectly also.

The company notified me in 2008 about replacing heater panels for free in the LTG model because some consumers were complaining about heater failures.  I told them I didn't need that because mine was working perfectly. . .and still is in 2012.

Your complaint is an isolated issue or as I said before - a self-agenda.

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

It has been over a YEAR since I've gotten an email or phone call BACK from this company!!  I have sent at least half a dozen emails in the past YEAR!  I even sent a CERTIFIED LETTER which they ignored! What everyone else has said here about their "customer service" is absolutely true.

And they ARE aware of this site and the reports AGAINST them, yet they have FAILED to try to REPAIR THEIR RECORD! They have only made PERSONAL ATTACKS against the purchaser or ex-employee.

The FACT that they have made NO ATTEMPTS to clear their lousy reputation HERE speaks volumes.  They have said nothing to defend their inferior products and horrible customer service.

TWO of my walls are coming apart.  Check out their LIFETIME WARRANTY! It will cost me hundreds of dollars in shipping costs!! And based on reports here, who knows IF I well get a replacement wall (my model apparently has been discontinued) and HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO GET ONE is unknown, and will it be any better?????

They don't have anyone local to come out and make warranty repairs.  EVERY WARRANTY REPAIR WILL COST YOU....that is if they will even own up to it!!

"You get for what you pay" as my father told me.  You are better off going to HOME DEPOT!! At least they have great customer service.

Heavenly Heat was twice the price, but then again, I would not be spending time trying to get it repaired!!  I should have listened to my DOCTOR as that is the brand HE recommended.

Luxsauna; Lifetime Warranty on Wood Construction is EXPENSIVE!

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

I have now discovered TWO of the walls are separating at the "tongue and groove" construction.

The warranty states; "Any products which are claimed to be defective and which are not repaired or replaced by an authorized service agent must be shipped freight prepaid to LuxSauna and the repaired or replaced product will be returned to the sender freight collect. When sent to LuxSauna , the product must be accompanied by the sales receipt or other proof of purchase date, as well as the sender's name, mailing address, daytime telephone number and any other information relating to the sender's claim. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary, from state to state. This warranty applies to products produced by LuxSauna after May 23, 2006."

That means that this warranty repair is going to cost me HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS in shipping and freight costs!! What CRAP! I wonder if they are even doing repair work. Since they don't answer phone calls, emails, or letters...who knows?