Complaint Review: Luxury Resort Management, Resort Advertising Network

• Submitted: Fri, August 28, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, August 28, 2009

• Reported By: CJY — St. Petersburg Florida USA
Luxury Resort Management, Resort Advertising Network
101 N. Rivierside Dr., Suite 121 Pompano Beach, Florida United States of America
  • Phone: 9547732130
  • Web:
  • Category: Resorts

Luxury Resort Management, Resort Advertising Network Grand Mayan referred me to this company, said "they can sell my other time share at no time', with that promise. I got sucked in to buy a membership at Grand Mayan. Otherwise,I will not. Pompano Beach Florida

*General Comment: Mayan Palace Timeshare Scam

During my vacation in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, I attended a sales presentation at Grand Mayan Palace, they assured me that I can sell my other time share very easily through the Luxuar Resort Management at no time; and the proceeds from that sale can be used to buy the membership at Grand Mayan.  I trusted them, paid the listing fee to Luxuary Management, and proceed to buy the membership.

Unfortunately, after having signed the contract, I have not heard anything from the Luxuary Management regarding the sale of my other time share.  I have requested the cancellation of my contract from Grand Mayan without any success.  Finally, I was forced to buy a lower cost membership at Grand Mayan, and got stucked with this membership.

If it is possible, I still want to cancel this membership at Grand Mayan, and get my full payment back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2009 11:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Luxury-Resort-Management-Resort-Advertising-Network/Pompano-Beach-Florida-33062/Luxury-Resort-Management-Resort-Advertising-Network-Grand-Mayan-referred-me-to-this-compa-486586. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Luxury Resort Management, Resort Advertising Network

#1 General Comment

Mayan Palace Timeshare Scam

AUTHOR: collins80j - ()

That is very common at Mayan Palace. Most vacationers who already have a timeshare membership are not interested in purchasing another membership due to the high maintenance fees involved in timeshare ownership. The salespeople are very aware of this, and as a sales tactic, they promise to resell, trade in, or do an equity exchange for the previously owned timeshare in order to subsidize the purchase of a new timeshare contract. Some organizations will create an equity exchange agreement. The client believes that the resort will take over their old timeshare, which means that they will no longer be responsible for paying the maintenance fees. Other resort refer clients to an outside resale agent, and this is what Mayan Palace does. I recommend you to read this article from Mexican Timeshare Solutions about MP: Mayan Palace Timeshare Scam