Complaint Review: Luxury Vacation Deals

• Updated: Tue, February 05, 2013

• Reported By: Barry — Reno Nevada USA
Luxury Vacation Deals
801 International Parkway 5th Floor Lake Mary, Florida United States of America

Luxury Vacation Deals Smart Travel & Incentives Free trip promise a scam - Also, after research - their deal is a scam too Lake Mary, Florida

We received a post card in the mail offering two free airline tickets anywhere in the contiguous US, two nights free stay in a major brand hotel, three days free car rental, $100 gas voucher and a $50 priceline.com Hotel cash card for attending a 90 minute travel club presentation.  We went to the presentation, listened to his fairly convincing story but decided it wasn't for us at this time.  After we said no, we were told the original travel vouchers had not arrived in time and were given copies marked "copy" and told the originals would arrive in 3 business days.  I let two weeks go by and decided to call the number on the post card and asked for a manager and was told someone would contact me in the next 24 hours - Nothing happened.  I called a week later and left a voicemail and nothing happened.  I called again two days later and spoke to the same manager who told me he would send another message, which was all he could do. [continued below]....
.....  I asked for the contact  information, which he would not provide for me. He said it was "another company" handling it.

I also read the "copy" vouchers and instead of the incentives being "free" the fine print mentioned $100 refundable deposit which would be refunded when you use the vouchers, a $75/person fee for the airline tickets, surcharges undefined  and all sorts of other fees and costs for the "FREE" incentives.  After researching further I have discovered that people that did get the vouchers lost money on the refundable deposits and other fees and the poor soles that did sign up for several thousand dollar Travel club completely got screwed.  This is a scam and they go by many different names.  Don't waste your money and/or time on this!!!!!!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2013 12:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Luxury-Vacation-Deals/Lake-Mary-Florida-32746/Luxury-Vacation-Deals-Smart-Travel-Incentives-Free-trip-promise-a-scam-Also-after-res-1009254. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Luxury Vacation Deals