• Report: #209380

• Submitted: Mon, September 04, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, September 05, 2006

• Reported By:Washington Maine
Lwpelectronics.com
202 No. Magnolia Dr., Saco, Maine U.S.A.

Lwpelectronics.com Attempted ripoff posing as PayPal Saco Maine

*Consumer Suggestion: You are fine

I got an e-mail this morning asking me to confirm my payment of $497 for a Nokia cell phone I never heard of -shipping to a Bill Chang in Saco Maine - I noticed there was a typo towards the end - a mispelling - that was a big tip off but other than that it was a dead ringer for my regular emails from PayPal. Luckily I did not click on the 'confirm' button - now I am wondering if I need to shut down my accounts with eBay & PayPal...(?)

Susan
Washington, Maine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2006 07:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lwpelectronicscom/Saco-Maine-04072/Lwpelectronicscom-Attempted-ripoff-posing-as-PayPal-Saco-Maine-209380. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lwpelectronics.com

#1 Consumer Suggestion

You are fine

AUTHOR: Dave - (U.S.A.)

As long as you didn't give them your personal info, you are fine. These scumbags are just phishing for your Paypal account Id and password, credit card info, ssn, first born, and anything else they can get their scummy hands on... if you didn't click on nothing, don't worry about it. I get about 5 of these emails a week.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC