Complaint Review: Lynda Lake

• Updated: Fri, February 22, 2013

• Reported By: Bgood2horses — Santa Rosa California United States of America
Lynda Lake
4214 Arch Road stockton, California United States of America

Lynda Lake goodtobehorsey Misrepresented the age and health or horse. Dishonest. Gives horse traders a bad name. stockton, California

*Author of original report: Dispute Negotiations Failed

*Author of original report: Working on a Resolution

Lynda Lake is a horse trader out of Stockton, Ca. I bought a horse from her that she misrepresented as 13 years old and healthy when in fact the horse is 20, blind in one eye and has navicular (verified by 2 vets and UC Davis). The horse is not suitable for riding. We had a contract that I could return the horse, but after we brought the gelding home, Lynda would not return my calls or emails. I tried to reach her for over 2 months. Even had my attorney write her a letter. No response until I posted my story on Craigslist. Then she called, furious. No offer to return my $4500. I had a lot of responses to my Craigslist story from others scammed by Lynda Lake.  I was told some awful things about how she conducts her business and treats her horses. She really does give horse traders a bad name - and that is hard to do. She advertises on Craigslist, Equine Now and her website: www.goodtobehorsey.com. This is a good person to steer clear of. Wish I had been aware of her reputation before I got involved with her.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2012 01:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lynda-Lake/stockton-California-95215/Lynda-Lake-goodtobehorsey-Misrepresented-the-age-and-health-or-horse-Dishonest-Gives-hor-978652. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lynda Lake

Dispute Negotiations Failed

AUTHOR: Bgood2horses - (United States of America)

No surprise here!

In December Lynda Lake contacted me, wanting to resolve out dispute. She sounded remorseful, as she repeatedly apologized for her for her conduct throughout our transaction. However, her new found attitude was short lived. When I reiterated to her (for the 3rd time - by phone and email) that my posts would not be removed or updated until we had FINALIZED our dispute resolution (with a written agreement), she burst into another verbal assault. As they say: "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me". If nothing else, my prior experience with Lynda taught me to be cautious of her motives. (A very expensive lesson, I might add.) As her willingness to cooperate dissolved, her true intentions became apparent as nothing more than a means to an end for her - no sincerity, no honesty, no follow through. I will not be fooled by Lynda's manipulative sweetness again.

Working on a Resolution

AUTHOR: Bgood2horses - (United States of America)

Pleased to report that we are working on a dispute resolution. I will update when finalized.