Complaint Review: Lynnwood Dental Center

• Updated: Mon, December 17, 2012

• Reported By: TF — Washington United States of America
Lynnwood Dental Center
4202 198th St SW, Suite 3 Lynnwood, Washington United States of America

Lynnwood Dental Center Dr. Asja Adams, Lynn Shatz Bad experience Lynnwood, Washington

My wife and I had some odd experiences with Lynnwood Dental Center (4202 198th St SW, Suite 3, Lynnwood, WA 98036).

My wife and I enrolled at Lynnwood Dental Center as it on my employers insurance plan. During an examination, Dr. Asja Adams asked me to come in for cleaning every three months rather than twice annually. This was surprising as I had no cavities or major dental problems, but I came in three months later as requested. I then learned my insurance did not
cover this accelerated cleaning schedule. I paid the bill immediately but asked to have a note put in my file that I would come in only twice annually.

At a subsequent appointment last August, Dr. Adams asked me if I planned to resume the quarterly cleaning schedule. I earnestly advised her I could not do so, as the extra cost was prohibitive. She just nodded as if this was acceptable, and the examination continued pleasantly, with no cavities or need for other procedures determined. [continued below]....

A few days later, I received a letter from Lynnwood Dental that my wife and I had been removed from their patient list. At no time had I been told that my continued use of their clinic depended on utilization of their intensified cleaning schedule.

My wife, Kay, had unsettling experiences with them as well. When she called to make our initial appointments, the receptionist would not allow her to even tentatively set a date without proof of insurance, which the clinic did not have yet. When they finally got the proof a few days later, the day requested was no longer available.

Kay had an unprofessional experience with hygienist Lynn Shatz at her first appointment. As my wife sat back in the examination chair for the first time, Shatz looked at Kay, told her that she had excessive facial hair and gave her a
business card for her friend who does electrolysis. She had a stack of these cards, so apparently she does this to other patients. Surely a medical professional should not be remarking on irrelevant, sensitive issues with a new patient, nor making unsolicited pitches for outside aesthetic services.

Further, my wife and I are still receiving reminder postcards from Lynnwood Dental to make new appointments. This clinic should have removed us from their reminder list when they removed us from their patient list.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2012 04:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lynnwood-Dental-Center/Lynnwood-Washington-98036/Lynnwood-Dental-Center-Dr-Asja-Adams-Lynn-Shatz-Bad-experience-Lynnwood-Washington-983431. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lynnwood Dental Center