Complaint Review: Lyons Fuel

• Submitted: Wed, July 23, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, July 23, 2008

• Reported By:Lincoln Massachusetts
Lyons Fuel
6 Dudley Street Pl Arlington, Massachusetts U.S.A.

Lyons Fuel refused me oil - left me me in the cold - committed fraud Arlington Massachusetts

*Consumer Comment: Huh?

At the end of my contract with Sean Lyons of Lyons Oil, we needed to have our tank filled - we were out of oil. I called 8 times to try to get in contact with this slippery sucker - but he refused to call me back. He even tried the old "I talked to someone at your house" trick. Sadly for him - I'm the only one who answers the phone number I gave him. Once April turned into May and he could charge me more for oil - he finally came to fill up the tank - which was now bone dry, and we were taking cold showers and sleeping in a cold house.

He then proceeded to do an unauthorized 'repair' of the burner to tune of $200, which he promised to credit to my credit card and never did. When I called him on it - he said he put a credit on my account. Like I would do business with this schyster again!

I now have to have the AmEx fraud department do some work or take him to small claims court to see my $200.

Sean Lyons is a liar and a cheat. Avoid Lyons Fuel at all costs!

Lyonshater
Lincoln, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2008 06:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lyons-Fuel/Arlington-Massachusetts-02476/Lyons-Fuel-refused-me-oil-left-me-me-in-the-cold-committed-fraud-Arlington-Massachuset-354556. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lyons Fuel

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

"At the end of my contract with Sean Lyons of Lyons Oil, we needed to have our tank filled - we were out of oil."

Call another company. With your contract expired, he has no obligation to service you.

"I called 8 times to try to get in contact with this slippery sucker - but he refused to call me back."

It would have been obvious to me after the 2nd call he did not want to do business with me.

"He then proceeded to do an unauthorized 'repair' of the burner to tune of $200, which he promised to credit to my credit card and never did."

This is pretty much the standard practice of all fuel suppliers. They are liable for any hazardous situatis, and a faulty burner is just that. You authorized the charge when you signed the contract.

I am pretty sure Lyons is happy to see you go. I'll guess you were just as prompt with payment as they are with delivery to you.