criticism

• Submitted: Wed, February 25, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, February 26, 2009

• Reported By:Fort Meade Maryland
M And T Bank
www.mandtbank.com Baltimore, Maryland U.S.A.

M And T Bank Took a long time to get a check cleared, and did not hold my charges until it cleared. Baltimore Maryland

*Consumer Comment: IF only.......

I had deposited a government issue check into my bank about 2 weeks ago expecting it to clear before my bills did. Well it didn't, instead my bank let the check hold for 2 days and allowed all my charges hit leaving me with no money in my account and having a fee of over 600 dollars because they wouldn't hold the charges. I was told government checks don't take that long to clear. Boy was I wrong. Not only did it not clear when it was suppose to but when i went in to talk to a clerk, she said it cleared and i was fine to pay my bills. Little did i know that when i went to use my card a week later it was declined.

If you've never had M and T you don't know that they never decline your card until you reached a huge amount in the negative against our account. Little did i know that they took over 700 dollars out of my account. Now im waiting to see what the manager is willing to put back. I'm done with this screwed up bank. I just want the account to be cleared and be done with it. They told me that government checks take 2 days to clear while all other charges take a day.

Not only does the bank allow you to overdraft until the cows come home they also don't do anything about letting you know that you have over drafted. I was asked when i opened an account at the bank if i wanted online banking. I said i did. Then when i had a problem with it, the clerk told me not to use online banking because it's not up to date with actual accounts. So tell me why did i agree to do online banking?

Katelynn
Fort Meade, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2009 09:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/M-And-T-Bank/Baltimore-Maryland-21122/M-And-T-Bank-Took-a-long-time-to-get-a-check-cleared-and-did-not-hold-my-charges-until-it-428556. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on M And T Bank

IF only.......

AUTHOR: Resty - (U.S.A.)

you had kept an up to date CURRENT check register you wouldnt need to worry about how INaccurate the online statement is.

How can you expect the online balance to be accurate when there is NO way for the bank to tell what you've recently debited....or written a check for that has yet to clear? BUT....had you used a check register you would KNOW without fail what you've written out or debited.