Complaint Review: M & M Financial, Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, February 16, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, February 16, 2009

• Reported By:Somewhere Ohio
M & M Financial, Inc.
805 Dixiee Rd. London, Ontario Canada

M & M Financial, Inc. Government Lottery Commission...This is all a bulls**t scam London Ontario

I just received in the mail a letter which was in a plain white envelope with no return address and Canada Post. Enclosed with the letter was a check for $4,850.00 stating it was from Mitchell/Martin Inc. at 80 Wall Street in New York.

The letter stated that I had won the second category Sweepstake draw held this month. I immediately knew that this was not legit as I had not entered any type of drawings.

The letter also stated that I needed to use the check they had sent for payment of Canadian Non-Resident Government Service Tax. It said the tax could be paid through a tax agent, Marie Manaptraw and to contact Chris Peters to begin the claim process on my winnings. The letter was signed by H.I. Grundy.

I looked online for a tax agent named Marie Manaptraw and nothing came up so I checked Chris Peters and there were several other fraud reports which included his name. I looked up H.I. Grundy and there were reports which included his name as well as Chris Peters.

I spoke to my sister and she told me that there was someone who received a similar letter and when they called the "Canadian" number someone with an African Accent answered. Apparently this is a very common scam with this company's information.

The economy is in such bad shape I guess they just figure it would be easy to scam people at this time. These people need to get real jobs and quit trying to scam the people that are actually busting their butts to support themselves.

I am turning the letter and check over to the bank and all I can say is I hope these jerks get caught. It is horrific that anyone would do this. Please everyone be aware of these scams and don't let yourself be a victim.

Arlene
Somewhere, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2009 11:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/M-M-Financial-Inc/London-Ontario/M-M-Financial-Inc-Government-Lottery-CommissionThis-is-all-a-bullst-scam-London-O-424653. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on M & M Financial, Inc.