Complaint Review: M & M Financial, Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, February 19, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, February 19, 2009

• Reported By:Duluth Georgia
M & M Financial, Inc.
806 William Road Vegreville, Alberta Canada

M & M Financial, Inc. SUADELL & PARTNERS - M & M Financial, Inc - Fraudulent Checks Vegreville Alberta

A free check for $5,985 would have been a nice Valentine's gift for me and my wife. But it's a big scam. The check looks real. There are security features all over the thing. The numbers at the bottom appear legitimate. But I thought for a second and said to myself: "I hope we aren't getting scammed". Indeed, we were being scammed. But thank goodness we didn't fall for it.

She opened her mail and found that a company called M&M Financial has issued a check for $5,985. For what? She has won the lottery, they said. But my wife didn't play their lottery! Raise your eyebrow?

Then I called Wells Fargo Bank on whom the check is drawable. They said that the account number is legitimate. However, the account holder had reported that his/her information was reported stolen. There are dozens of outstanding checks for this account apparently issued by some unknown persons, they said.

Just to make sure that these people are exposed, I again called the number listed in the letter they sent my wife. That, too, is fake. There's this continuous busy tone.

Besides, who in the world will send you a check for $5,985.00 check, then asks you to wire $4,985.00 for taxes on $125,000? Why can't they just take their taxes off and send the rest to you? They said my wife won a lottery for $125,000 but that she has to pay $4,985 in taxes. But they still send a check for $5,985. For what? They probably want to get your back account number and the routing number to siphon it once you deposit the fake check.

If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. Good thing we were never moved. Not even excited. Who in the world would send us free money?

This is a scam. Big time. Don't fall for it. They will get caught! I will send this check to the FBI.

Duluth, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2009 08:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/M-M-Financial-Inc/Vegreville-Alberta-T6H-2W8/M-M-Financial-Inc-SUADELL-PARTNERS-M-M-Financial-Inc-Fraudulent-Checks-Vegrev-426318. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on M & M Financial, Inc.