Complaint Review: M Pelletier

• Reported By: Maggie — Owen Sound Ontario Canada
M Pelletier
RR8 Owen Sound, Ontario, CANADA Owen Sound, Ontario United States of America

M Pelletier provided false information twice Owen Sound, Ontario

I purchased 6 side socket plugs plus a 7th at 33% off.  No shipping costs or extra costs were provided before the transaction went through.

When I looked at what they will charge my credit card, it is

$60 for 6 sockets

$7.00 for extra one

Sub Total 67.00

PROCESSING $121.30

Total of order $188.30

I was stunned and called immediately to cancel.  Agent indicated it would be 12 to 24 hours to get processed and that I could not cancel until then.  That was February 27th.  Called back on Feb. 28th at 8:30 and provided the order number to the agent and was told they cancelled the order.

I called back later that day on February 28th just to reconfirm that the order was cancelled and Dave told me it was.

Tonight, March 1st, I see an invoice for $188.30 which will be taken from my credit card.

I am so shocked.

This, in my opinion, is fraudulent business practices.

First, the total of the order should be given prior to confirming the transaction.

I called twice to double check on the cancellation and it was never done.

I don't know what to do.  Should I call the credit card company? Better Business Bureau?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2013 11:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/M-Pelletier/Owen-Sound-Ontario-N4K5W4/M-Pelletier-provided-false-information-twice-Owen-Sound-Ontario-1022378. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on M Pelletier