Complaint Review: M. Scott Properties

• Reported By: Max — Davis California United States of America
M. Scott Properties
1624 US Hwy 395, Suite 2 Minden, Nevada United States of America

M. Scott Properties Insane cleaning fee for spotless townhome Minden, Nevada

I lived at in a townhome rented by this agency for a year. Upon moving out I spent 3 days with additional help cleaning the apartment from top to bottom. I submitted my keys almost 2 weeks early and then moved away.

Fast forward 2 weeks and I still had not received a deposit back so I called the office. They informed me that it would be 30 days before I got my deposit check back. I felt a little suspicious however I shrugged it off and waited.

At the 30 day mark I revived a deposit back in the mail that 50% had been taken for cleaning. The itemized list included wiping windows, cleaning the oven, dusting cabinets. Small trivial things I had done multiple times before leaving. All in all the cleaning bill came out to be almost $200. Also, alarm bells were set off when the cleaning company hired to clean my apartment is listed as a gardening company.

I was informed there was a carpet cleaning fee but im calling into question why I should pay $200 for minor cleaning items I had done over and over before leaving. The carpet bill was separate and reasonable.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2012 04:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/M-Scott-Properties/Minden-Nevada-89423/M-Scott-Properties-Insane-cleaning-fee-for-spotless-townhome-Minden-Nevada-963942. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on M. Scott Properties