Complaint Review: M & T Financial

• Reported By:Selkirk New York
M & T Financial
PO Box 96 001 LCD Mississauga, Ontario Canada

M & T Financial Fraudulent Check Mississauga Ontario

*Consumer Comment: To be accurate....

I recieved a check on 8/30/08 for the amount of 4900.00. As soon as I opened it I knew it was a scam! So, I decided to "see" what it was about. The man I spoke to name Kelly Pius could barely speak english and I couldn't understand anything he said. After discussing this with my husband we decided to look into this a lttle more. WOW....NO big surprise that this was a scam. How can people get away with this? And to be quite honest the postage was from Ontario and so was the return address. The only thing that made me question this and do some research was the check itself. The check was from Sun Trust in Atlanta,GA. How does this happen that people not even from the states can get this information about you? I'm glad that I did my homework on this, who knows this guy could've taken everything from me. Please people be aware of these SCAMS!!!

Laura
Selkirk, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2008 07:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/M-T-Financial/Mississauga-Ontario-L4Y-0A5/M-T-Financial-Fraudulent-Check-Mississauga-Ontario-368651. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on M & T Financial

To be accurate....

AUTHOR: Edgeman - (U.S.A.)

M&T is not attempting to rip the OP off, despite the thread title. International scammers are.

They also use the names of many well known companies such as Hallmark, Pepsi and in this case- M&T. Watch for the mechanics of the scam itself rather than whatever name they try to use.