Complaint Review: M02*24protect Plus

• Submitted: Wed, February 18, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, February 18, 2004

• Reported By:augusta Maine
M02*24protect Plus
9500 West Dodge Rd Omaha/stamford, Connecticut U.S.A.

M02*24protect Plus ripoff Omaha/stamford Connecticut

*Author of original report: AOL is aware

Found a charge on my card for a dollar. When I called to inquire I was informed that a secondary screen name on my AOL account supposedly clicked on a pop-up for their "service". They told me they had a partnership with AOL.

AOL,when contacted, said that if I had not set up that secondary account properly that it did have authorization to bill to my account. They said that screen name would have to have been set up as a master, it is not.

After roughly a dozen phone calls I finally talked with someone at AOL who looked through (and was willing to tell me about) a list of people that AOL partners with. He said this company was not on their list and he got online and found this site for me.

I am feeling better about my position now (knowing I'm not the only one)however it is my mission to find out exactly how they obtained my credit card number. It does appear that AOL probably gave them the info but I want to know for sure.

Ryan
augusta, Maine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2004 07:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/M0224protect-Plus/Omahastamford-Connecticut/M0224protect-Plus-ripoff-Omahastamford-Connecticut-80811. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on M02*24protect Plus

AOL is aware

AUTHOR: Ryan - (U.S.A.)

AOL had been saying that they did not have a partnership with 24 protect plus. After many phone calls a supervisor with 24 protect plus told me that the name of the parent company is member works Inc. AOL will verify that this is a partner company.

In speaking with the fraud department at AOL I became aware that they are already aware that there is a problem with member works actions. AOL asked me to forward any information (credit card statement,email, and this website) I had about member works to them.