Complaint Review: MAACO PAINT AND BODY WORK

• Submitted: Wed, October 18, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, October 26, 2006

• Reported By:FREDERICK Maryland
MAACO PAINT AND BODY WORK
1439 TILCO DRIVE FREDERICK, Maryland U.S.A.

MAACO PAINT AND BODY WORK ripoff PAINTED MY TRUCK ,3 WEEKS LATER PAINT IS FLAKING OFF THEY WANT 600.00 MORE TO REPAINT IT FREDERICK Maryland

*Author of original report: FREDERICK MAACO0

*Consumer Comment: Question for you

I Took my truck to maaco. They painted it for 750.00 3 weeks go buy the paint is flaking off. I took it back to maaco they said its nothing that they did. I called main office. They called Tom the new owner and now he wrote up repair order that I never saw or signed. It's hand written that I did not want any body work done.

My truck did not need any body work. Tom then stated that the body work on the left side of my truck will not have a warranty. but paint is flaking on right side of my truck and on the cab doors and fenders. Tom wrote this up after I contacted the main office. Thats why I never saw this paper, if he had told me my truck would have no warranty, I would never handed him 750.00 to paint my truck.

But now Tom told me that he feels that some of this problem is his fault. Some of it is my fault and some it is un explaineble. He said for 600.00 he would repaint my truck the right way by striping down to the metal . why didn't he do this in the first place.

MY repair order states the I have a 4 year warranty against cracking and peeling. But he just wont paint my truck until I pay 600.00 more. I really wish this could be told to the public. So he can't do this to anymore people.

Tom at frederick maaco still says this my fault but I feel its in the paint. So far he has made the main office beleave that this is not his fault. A big company cant see through the lies and the fact that this hand writtned repair order is false.

Maaco has refused to help me. I just dont know what to do. If I had money I could fight this but I dont. I WOULD BE HAPPY TO SEE THIS ON THE NEWS

Terry
FREDERICK, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2006 12:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MAACO-PAINT-AND-BODY-WORK/FREDERICK-Maryland-21701/MAACO-PAINT-AND-BODY-WORK-ripoff-PAINTED-MY-TRUCK-3-WEEKS-LATER-PAINT-IS-FLAKING-OFF-THEY-216444. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MAACO PAINT AND BODY WORK

FREDERICK MAACO0

AUTHOR: Terry - (U.S.A.)

I did not do any body work to my truck .I TOOK MY TRUCK INTO MAACO with faided paint i did not prime my truck.This is what he is telling everybody . I ASK FOR THE SUPREME paint job with the value prep package.which says sand or scuff old paint and primmer seal.And it is all flakeing off,TOM also states that my truck was white in his paper work.This repair order was wrote up after i called the main office .this repair order i did not see or and does not have my name on it.My truck has never been white

I have 3 guesses, and I am probably correct:

1.) You did "body work" to the areas that are peeling prior to Maaco painting your vehicle.

2.) You were told this, that there would be problems if you didn't address "your bad bodywork"

3.) You ignored that

Which leaves me to my final point...You should have had them fix your work, OR let them do it in the first place. For example: if you don't sand your work, and then prime it...it will peel. They will sand, but not under your primer as it is already primed....