On 6th Oct 2007, I purchased a GE laundry washer with model #WPRE8350HT from Atlas Apliances Ltd (403-259.3334) in Calgary, Alberta, CANADA at the total price of C$926.44 (invoice #133235, GST #100327832, salesperson: Gary Dhanjal). At the time, Atlas Appliances Ltd didn't have the washer & had to contact GE (or, MABE CANADA Inc as the wholesale supplier of GE products in Canada) to make the washer available for transfer from MABE's warehouse to my house in Calgary. The washer was delivered to the house on 24th Oct 2007 by a delivery company. Unfortunately, the washer had major manufacturing defects that were never discovered by MABE prior to delivery. We used the washer according to user's manual. On 6th Dec 2007, the washer was broken but soon fixed by MABE. But, on 4th Jan 2008 the washer was broken again, but MABE failed to fix it, so the washer has been functionless since 4th Jan 2008. As nobody in my house had been willing to live without washing machine for 3 weeks, I requested MABE to deliver the second washer WPRE8350HT and hauled back the first one to MABE on 631 Manitou Road SE, Calgary, Alberta, Canada (403 248-4434). The delivery for the second washer and the back-haul for the first washer occurred on 24th Jan 2008. The second washer has been working fine until now. However, MABE withdrew $721.35 from my Visa Card on 23rd Jan 2008 for this second washer (invoice #4792185, PO Number 4033975957, Order Number 4066822, Receipt Number M30661901-001-484-008-0). Immediately on 25th Jan 2008 I requested full refund from MABE because I only purchased one (1) washer, not two (2). I believed that I sent seven (7) faxes to MABE's number 18005654455, but the full refund has never been granted. On 25th Apr 2008, however, I received an email from Michelle Richard (phone 18665736223 and ext 2277; email: Michelle.Richard@mabe.ca) at MABE CANADA Inc that MABE is not going to give me any refund. Also, a letter dated 25th Apr 2008 and signed by Ginette Roy (indicating herself as a Consumer Relations Manager at MABE) said that MABE is not going to give me any refund. I am submitting this rip-off report to notify customers not to purchace GE appliances in Canada, because MABE CANADA Inc has conducted unfair (most likely illegal) trading practices shown below:
1. The first washer should not have been sent to my house on 24th Oct 2007, because it had major defects that made it unfit for customers.
2. I was ripped off by MABE by asking me to pay for two (2) washers, although I only purchased one (1) washer.
3. MABE CANADA Inc says that the first washer now located in MABE CANADA Inc still belongs to me. If it were true that the washer still belonged to me, MABE would not have hauled back the washer from my house on 24 Jan 2008. The back-haul on 24th Jan 2008 means that MABE knew that I exchanged the first washer with the second one, but MABE later denied such knowledge.
To solve this case, I have done the following:
1. To make a report to Visa Card on fraudulent transaction by conducted MABE on 23th Jan 2008.
2. To make a report to Calgary Better Business Bureau (BBB) on illegal trading practices conducted by MABE.
3. To make a report to Police of theft conducted by MABE.
Once again, to prevent further victims of rip-off in Canada, do NOT buy GE appliances !