Complaint Review: MACY'S

• Updated: Wed, July 16, 2014

• Reported By: LBNNCALI — SAN JOSE California
MACY'S
Nationwide USA

MACY'S MACY'S DEPARTMENT CARD Macy's account online said no balance due, there were no statements sent or emails notifying MASON, Ohio Nationwide

This happened almost over a year ago during Christmas 2012 but I feel that it is important to share this information.  After using the Macys department card to attain additional discounts for purchases, I paid it off immediately as I have superb credit and did not want any issues!  I only wanted to use the card for the discounts.  There were some returns. I used my receipt total to pay off whatever that was purchased with my check.  Wrote them a check and submitted it.  Anyway, I made sure it was all paid off and that my card balance said zero! I did check on Macys account online and it said "no balance due".  Then, I even called to make sure there is zero balance on my card.  So statements were sent, no email notifications, therefore, I assume everything is smooth and fine.  Then, two months later I get a call from Macys saying that I need to pay an overdue balance?  I was in total shock and horror.  How could this happen?  I am a true stickler when it comes to paying off anything right away.  So my first thought was "oh no, did someone steal my account number and created some fraud activity?"  Then, delving a little deeper, the rep said "no, you had a balance since December 2013.  What balance?!!! I paid it all off and it even said no balance due.  The guy even said if I paid for it now then he will not report my account as past due.  I have immaculate credit so I said yes please go ahead and paid it off and let me speak with a supervisor or manager.  He said none was on site. I was outraged.  Then, I told him I would like to go ahead and cancel the card as this should not even happen.  So I then everything was done.

Then I called the Macys number and spoke with another another representative and stressed my concerns and this person was much more understanding.  He also admit that it was Macys fault that the data online system must have had a glitch as it has happened to many people before.  Then he looked into my account and said the previous representative I spoke to said he wouldn't put me under past due but he did!!! I looked in my credit report and it said 30 days past due. I was angry because the first representative lied to me!!!  So, the second rep recommended that I write a letter to my credit reports and to Macys credit department stating what happened and to please remove the 30 past due off my credit report.  Unfortunately, in the end my credit report still states that I have 30 days past due under Macys account.  Since then, I have long cancelled the card.  But I just want to warn you guys of the tricks and scams that Macys do to consumers.  It is true as I have also heard from other people.  I came from having the best and pristine credit to having a 1 time 30 days past due under Macys!  I have no trust for Macys.  Macys department card is full of scams!!! Becareful!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2014 10:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MACYS-/nationwide/MACYS-MACYS-DEPARTMENT-CARD-Macys-account-online-said-no-balance-due-there-were-no-st-1162705. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MACY'S