- Report: #380791
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: MACYS
MACYSwww.macys.com Minneapolis, Minnesota U.S.A.
MACYS Implorable customer service!!! DO NOT USE MACYS CHARGE Minneapolis Minnesota
*UPDATE EX-employee responds: You must not know how credit works
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
On October 10, 2008 I went to charge a $90 jacket and my card was declined. The Macys clerk called the customer service line and I was told that I had a "guideline" put on my account for $75.00.
After 2 more phone calls and my card declined, I got a customer service rep who explained to me that:
- MACYS lowered my credit limit to $75.00 in June of 2008 because of MY OUTSIDE CREDIT RATING - completely UNRELATED to my Macys charge (I have outstanding medical bills from an accident)
- The rep informed me that MACYS was under no obligation to inform me of the decrease on my credit limit
- She also let me know that because my credit limit was reduced to $75.00 (what can you possibly buy from MACYS for $75.00??????), I was now $300 OVER my credit limit (my balance was $380).
I told her to close the charge account b/c I'd NEVER shop there again!!!!!!!!!
BEWARE! If you have any sort of a low credit score, MACYS will decrease your credit line WITHOUT telling you!!!
ann Arbor, Michigan
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2008 12:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MACYS/Minneapolis-Minnesota/MACYS-Implorable-customer-service-DO-NOT-USE-MACYS-CHARGE-Minneapolis-Minnesota-380791. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.