Complaint Review: MAGAZINE SERVICES OF AMERICA

• Submitted: Wed, January 21, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, January 21, 2009

• Reported By:Palmdale California
MAGAZINE SERVICES OF AMERICA
7378 W. ATLANTIC BLVD #222 MARGATE, Florida U.S.A.

MAGAZINE SERVICES OF AMERICA WILL GIVE ME A "SETTLEMENT" TO CANCEL MY ACCOUNT MARGATE Florida

Sometime last year I recieved a call from this magazine company,they talked so fast that I fell right into their trap,I signed up and eventually gave them my credit card number. Thank goodness I didnt let them take it from my bank account cuz they surely would have made me more broke.

They called me again informing me that my subscription was coming to an end so I THOUGHT I was renewing the same account but it was not. They ended up opening A WHOLE NEW ACCOUNT. So now I owe on 2 seperate accounts. I did not know this until they started calling me for past due balances I had with them. I had lost my job in May and I had finally ran out of unemployment benifits.So it was hard to make my credit card payments.

They never let up on calling me saying if I dont pay these past dues they were going to send it to a collections agency and from what I can recally they said something about lawyers getting involved and all this stuff.

Today I called to cancel my subscription but they told me I couldn't because of the past dues. I told what if I finish paying off the rest that I owe,but they told me I still could not because I would still have to pay off the balance of the accounts or they could give me a settlement so I can cancel.

Honestly, what kind of company will make you do something like that. When someone says I want to cancel they should get the right to cancel something that they havent even recieved yet. My dad even got on the phone with them,but no such luck.All they do is talk in circles and tell you that your not understanding what they are saying.

Which is not true because they are the ones not understanding a word you are sayin.So now I am on here wanting help.I am honestly embarassed of myself. I have learned a lesson.

Vickie
Palmdale, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2009 07:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MAGAZINE-SERVICES-OF-AMERICA/MARGATE-Florida-33063/MAGAZINE-SERVICES-OF-AMERICA-WILL-GIVE-ME-A-SETTLEMENT-TO-CANCEL-MY-ACCOUNT-MARGATE-Flor-414648. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MAGAZINE SERVICES OF AMERICA