license

• Submitted: Tue, February 02, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, October 08, 2012

• Reported By: Dave — Titusville Florida United States of America
MAGIC JACK PHONE SERVICE

MAGIC JACK PHONE SERVICE The advertisements don't tell you that they will assign a phone number of their choice. This includes an out of the area code, so it is a long distant phone call for your next door neighbor. They do o Internet

*Consumer Comment: LOCAL PHONE NUMBER, AREA CODE, NO PROBLEM!

*General Comment: no local phone area code ???

When I ordered, I assumed they would give me a local phone number. They give you an out of the area code, then want an additional $4.95 to make it local. When you attempt to resolve, they refuse to supply an phone number, name of president or vice-president. They just state "policy" When you ask to speak to teir boss, they tell you this conversation is over, and disconnect. "My way or the highway type attitude". They are not customer friendly or have any latitude to resolve customer complaints. The company is like they are run out of a shoe box. Don't care about anything but the dollars up front. The ads get new customers daily, and then the old ones drop off the back end. This is how they generate cash flow. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. This best describes this outfit. Never again, I assure you.

I also agree with other complaints I have read. Computer must always be on, if you use google desktop, forget it. When the phone rings, it is a constant ring for the first 10 seconds, usually takes about another 20 seconds to make the connection so you can talk. Anyone in the house picks up the reciever, a pop up stops your computer work. But the worst is that the company has a don't care attitude through its on line chat room. The only phone number is to collections. They can't help you either. So, the $19.95 is really $34.95 plus an additional $4.95 to get a local number. They ruin the internet experience.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2010 11:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MAGIC-JACK-PHONE-SERVICE/internet/MAGIC-JACK-PHONE-SERVICE-The-advertisements-dont-tell-you-that-they-will-assign-a-phone-563505. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MAGIC JACK PHONE SERVICE

LOCAL PHONE NUMBER, AREA CODE, NO PROBLEM!

AUTHOR: Gagoo1947 - (United States of America)

I love my Magic Jacks.

I've used the Magic Jack for three years, since 2009, and, in fact, just purchased a second one (2012)

I have a local area code and phone number, which I chose for no additional charge, have had excellent customer service, no scams or questionable charges.

I've also used the Magic Jack with both a desktop computer as well as my laptop and I haven't experienced any issues or concerns.

I know your report was written in 2010 but I purchased my first Magic Jack in 2009. I'm not sure why you've had problems, but I hope they've been resolved.

#2 General Comment

no local phone area code ???

AUTHOR: Kenny 2469 - (Canada)

Strange you had that problem,  I own two magic jacks and both times I was able to choose an area code local to me....