Complaint Review: MAGS R US/AM Press Assoc.

• Submitted: Sat, February 05, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, May 16, 2005

• Reported By:Wentzville Missouri
MAGS R US/AM Press Assoc.
P.O. Box 226860 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

MAGS R US/AM Press Assoc. Ripoff, dishonest, scam, Miami Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: What about the thousands that did receive their stuff

A young man came to my door wanting me to purchase magazines for his college education. I was very skeptical and was not going to order anything. He continued to talk making reference to my religion. He said that his sister use to attend the same kind of church I belong to.

Needless to say he ended up being very convincing. I should have stuck to my gut, but I ordered one magazine. I paid $24.95 on 9/11/04 and it's 2/5/05 and I've rec'd nothing.

I recently found my pink receipt with my duplicate check attached to it. He had written a 1-866-667-4346 phone # on the back stating that if I had any questions to feel free to call this #. I called this number and it's a mailbox answering service. I decided to check out Mags R Us online and found several reports as to this company being a fraud.

I will never buy anything from door to door people again no matter how convincing or what they say.

Joe'l
Wentzville, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2005 08:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MAGS-R-USAM-Press-Assoc/Miami-Florida-33172/MAGS-R-USAM-Press-Assoc-Ripoff-dishonest-scam-Miami-Florida-130238. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MAGS R US/AM Press Assoc.

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

What about the thousands that did receive their stuff

AUTHOR: Devin - (U.S.A.)

AM Press Assoc. Is a marketing firm behind the Savings Bonds Award program (SBA). . .Mags'R'Us is the distrubution company affiliated with the SBA. . . Reading through most of these reports i fail to see how the majority of people were ripped off. . . UN-satisfied by the service recieved yes, ripped off no,, I won the SBA contest two years ago, and used the savings bond to enroll in a marketing program at ASU. I know of close to 50 other students that used the SBA to get financial assistance. . . . . Its Magazines and coupon books. . . . that simple. . . . its a fund raiser. . . If you would have looked deeper you would find that Mags'R'Us has a customer base of OVER 500,000 people. . .with an average of 290,000 subscription RENEWALS each year. . . I doubt that 290,000 people are renewing magazines that they do not get. . .

Everyone in my family bought magazines from me. . . everyone got the magazines they ordered. . . except for my uncle Rich, He wanted a woodworking magazine, and got one on vintage trucks. . . I called my program director about the discreptancy and as it turned out I accidently put the incorrect product code on my uncles order. . .

Yes he was Un-satisfied with his purchase. . . was he ripped off? I told him if he bought something from me it would help me with school. . .he bought something. . . it helped me with school. . .i fail to see the scam. If it werent for the sba I never would have made it into college. . .

Your Problem seems to be a service issue with Mags'R'Us NOT with an honest student attempting to better themselves by getting off their butt for 10 weeks and going door-to-door. . .have you ever gone door-to-door. . . I have. . . It was the best experience of my life, I won my contest, its not so great for everyone else, I know a girl that was raped. . she wanted to use her savings bond to open a 24 hour daycare. . . and she was raped and all of her orders and cash was stolen. . . If you asked the people that had helped her win her contest that day, i'm sure they would all feel they were ripped off. . what about her. . .was she ripped off, cuz she got raped did that make her a ripp off scammer that was out to get people, who's REALLY the victim in that situation. . . some schmuck crying about a $25 subscription, they bought because they liked her idealisms or smile or personality. . .or was she the victim for thinking that if she believed in herself she could better herself?

Call Mags'R'Us, their Customer Service Department is prety good, don't blame an honest person for something you don't even know about