Complaint Review: MARK PORTER

• Updated: Mon, May 24, 2010

• Reported By: leland — Billings Montana United States of America
MARK PORTER

MARK PORTER JULLIAN FITZGERALD SCAM SELLING TRACTORS ON CRAIG'S LIST Internet

While looking for a yard tractor on Craig's List I responded to an ad for a Kubota yard tractor.  The respondent said they wanted to complete the deal through Ebay International Trading.  While the price was half the value of the tractor, they stated that the price included shipping and insurance.  When repeatedly asked where the tractor was for inspection I was told El Paso Texas.  When I asked for a location so I could have a local Kubota dealer inspect the tractor I got "I cannot close the deal facetoface as I am out of the country".  When I insisted that the tractor be inspected I got no further answers.

While looking further for a tractor I came across a John Deere Yard tractor supposedly in Colorado.  When I emailed an inquiry (different email address and name) and insisting on a location I was told that the tractor was in El Paso Texas.  The wording on the two replies was word for word.

I then searched Craig's list pages in California, Colorado and Texas and found many similar ads.  I suspect this is a straight "mail in the money and hear nothing" rip off, It seems to be widely spread.  The ads include photos and serial numbers (although Kubota could not verify the serial number).  Beware.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/24/2010 06:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MARK-PORTER/internet/MARK-PORTER-JULLIAN-FITZGERALD-SCAM-SELLING-TRACTORS-ON-CRAIGS-LIST-Internet-606870. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MARK PORTER