Complaint Review: MARKET LEADER

• Updated: Thu, November 15, 2012

• Reported By: Alan Maple Ridge Realtor — MAPLE RIDGE British Columbia Canada
MARKET LEADER
11332 NE 122 WAY KIRKLAND, Washington DC United States of America

MARKET LEADER HOUSE VALUES / JUST LISTED LIED TO ME, STOLE MY MONEY AND PROVIDED A DEFECTIVE PRODUCT AND THEN THREATENED ME KIRKLAND, Washington DC

*Author of original report: Market Leader Makes things right

*Author of original report: Market Leader Makes things right

This company and the product it provides is a big rip off. They called me at home to see if i was interested in subscribing to their lead generating website { affiliated with house values and just listed }  at a cost of 199.00 per month plus an additional $50.00 for each leads provided by http://housevalues.ca or http://justlisted.ca  . I thought it was too expensive so they offered to waive the first two months system access fee. When i asked if i should statrt the subscription on the 1st of the month to be sure that i would get the full 60 days system access free they told me not to worry about it because they would pro rate it. They did not. On the 53 day they billed me in full but that is not why they are getting a bad review from me. The lead generating website they provided me  with was riddled with technical problems. Many of the features associated to the product did not function properly. After weeks and many many hours spent working with their technical department they were forced to admit that the technical issues originated at their end and had nothing to do with my computer. They even shared my computer screen with me and saw for themselves that their product was not working properly. In fact one of their technicians found problems with their product even I was unaware of. Rather than fixing the problem { which they tried unsuccessfully for more than two weeks } and rather than crediting me at least a portion of the amount billed, they saw fit to bill me in full even if when they knew their product was defective. So in short they sold me a defective product and stole my money. They never once offered me anything in return, they did not even offer to sell me a new website that was fully functional. Once they have your credit card number you mean nothing to them. They simply just take your money even when they know the website they are providing you with is a defective one.
They don't want your business they just want your money !
oh yeah and before i forget...after i cancelled the subscription they sent me an email suggesting that i reconsider because the websitelink they provided me would be given to one of my competitors. A little threatening to say the least considering that by this time the website had already been indexed in the search engines.
As an added note, when i complained about them not pro rating the bill as promised regarding 60 days free they told me that 60 days free is not something they offer to subscribers so I asked to speak to Don Nicholson, the Sales Rep, they told me he does not work there anymore...later i was watching a market leader youtube video where Wayne Furlong a market leader member states that they offer 90 days free....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/10/2012 07:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MARKET-LEADER/KIRKLAND-Washington-DC-98034/MARKET-LEADER-HOUSE-VALUES-JUST-LISTED-LIED-TO-ME-STOLE-MY-MONEY-AND-PROVIDED-A-DEFECTI-967554. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MARKET LEADER

Market Leader Makes things right

AUTHOR: Maple Ridge Realtor - (Canada)

Market leader,    got off on the wrong foot with this service provider, billing was sort of vague upon signing up and there were some technical difficulties however, the customer service at times  was for the most part 80 % satisfactory...
.depending on what rep you got.
Market leader,   despite the fact that the monies in question were withdrawn and returned on the same day { due to some technical glitch with the website i was provided} , fixed all technical difficulties that we are aware of with the site, and it continues to generate leads for us and we are monitoring it .
Market leader    Has yet to ask us for further payment.
We have contacted market leader regarding our billing arrangements and are awaiting a response.
Market leader,   has contacted us back { Thurs Nov 15 a full 23 days after the initial ticket was filed } and acknowledged a technical problem with the website they provided was found and corrected although however they are insisting on bargaining { haggling } over a monetary amount that would be appropriate to accurately reflect the total downtime. They are suggesting that 23 days downtime is equal to a 50 dollar credit and we feel that it should be closer to a 3 week credit { 23 days } for which a credit of $ 100.00 would me more appropriate, in short we are negotiating with a huge corporation over a few dollars.
Market leader fails to understand that we are not millionaires and as a small fragile business in its infant stages we must remain diligent in reducing to a minimum all negative cash flow. Whereas Market Leader ...a huge leader/provider in the Real estate Industry for Real Estate related software can absorb such a small insignificant dollar amount much more easily than our tiny business model.
Market Leader needs to learn that any new business deal is similar to a freshly laid egg and they must take care to ensure that the fragile egg hatches safely otherwise the egg will fail to hatch properly and what you are left with is....rotten eggs. Stay tuned for further updates from me

Alan " Maple Ridge Realtor "

Check it out,

Market Leader Makes things right

AUTHOR: Maple Ridge Realtor - (Canada)

MARKET LEADER :  Got off on the wrong foot with this service provider, billing was sort of vague upon signing up and there were some technical difficulties however, the customer service at times  was for the most part 80 % satisfactory...
.depending on what rep you got.
MARKET LEADER:   Despite the fact that the monies in question were withdrawn and returned on the same day { due to some technical glich with the website i was provided} , fixed all technical difficulties that we are aware of with the site, and it continues to generate leads for us and we are monitoring it .
MARKET LEADER    Has yet to ask us for further payment.

We would like to thank Market Leader for making things right, despite having returned our money MARKET LEADER, fixed the website and is still sending us a continuous and steady stream of leads which is what our business really needs right now to grow.

We hope that we can put our differences behind us and work together towards our mutual success.

Market Leader has given us hope.