- Report: #576858
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: MARKETING FOR SUNSET GROUP(M4SG) - CANCUN TRAVEL UNLIMITED/ CANCUN TRAVEL INTERNATIONAL -SUNSET HOTEL
MARKETING FOR SUNSET GROUP(M4SG) - CANCUN TRAVEL UNLIMITED/ CANCUN TRAVEL INTERNATIONAL -SUNSET HOTELBlvd Kukulcan km 7 S/N Internacional Plaza la Haci Cancun, Select State/Province United States of America
MARKETING FOR SUNSET GROUP,M4SG - CANCUN TRAVEL UNLIMITED/ CANCUN TRAVEL INTERNATIONAL -SUNSET HOTEL MARKETING FOR SUNSET GROUP-CANCUN TRAVEL INTERNATIONAL-SUNSET HOTEL BEWARE!!! CANCUN TRAVEL UNLIMITED IS A SCAM!!! TERMS CHANGED SEVERAL TIMES Cancun, Other
*Consumer Comment: Could not agree more
*Consumer Comment: Cancun Travel Unlimited Scam: TRUE
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
The stupid mistake of not simply googling "Cancun Travel Unlimited Scam" before falling into their trap and paying for the so-called "special offer to Cancun and free Florida trip" vacation package is the reason why I am writing this. But I believe it is important to let more people know that CANCUN TRAVEL UNLIMITED IS A SCAM! (to everyone who is reading this, just google that term and hundrends of links will come out, including terrible reviews on many reputable travel sites.)
No one likes reading long paragraphs, so I'll be straightforward here:
1. Cancun Travel Unlimited called us to offer a vacation deal that sounded too good to be true, there were a lot of reassurances and promises. It was only afterwards I realized that we don't even know how they had access to our phone number. The deal was a hotel package for $599 per person to the Laguna Suites Resort in Cancun Mexico AND a "free" hotel package to Orlando Florida.
2. When we called back to reserve vacation dates, we found out that the $599 was only for the hotel stay, we had to pay extra $99 PER person PER day to upgrade to all-inclusive, and of course, the air fare was not included. Wow, that easily adds up to more than $1500 per person for 7 days in Cancun at a TWO-STAR HOTEL??? (check any major travel sites, Laguna Suites Resort is only 2 star, but the sales rep assured us it was 4 star) These terms were not clarified with us before we paid!!!
3.Feeling scammed, I did some research, and I realized it was a timeshare scam (free feel to google "Cancun Travel Unlimited Scam" its too much info to summarize here), there are a lot of horror stories about the company on the internet, e.g. travellers arrived in Cancun to find that one of the sister hotels under Cancun Travel - where they were staying at - was CLOSED. And the travel Agency is Cancun Travel Unlimited, but its the "Sunset Travel" group that charges you on the credit card.
4. After finding all this out, we wanted to cancel the vacation, but not surprisingly, the sales rep said that was "utterly impossible", and of course, the fact that the vacation wasn't refundable was not at all mentioned when we were about to purchase the package. We argued with the sales rep about the false information they gave us before, and asked why aren't they worried that other customers who were treated the same way might take legal action against them? and the sales rep actually said "we don't care, do whatever you want". Wow, that's amazing.
5. In conclusion, we will not take this trip not only because we don't feel at all safe travelling with this company, also with all that extra money we have to spend on top of the $599, (which is around $1000 per person) we can already purchase another vacation package at a REAL 4 star resort to Cancun with a trustworthy agency. We don't really think that there'll be a chance for us to get even a partial refund, this will just be a lesson for us, but we feel obligated to let more people know of this scam.
So everyone please BEWARE!!!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2010 02:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MARKETING-FOR-SUNSET-GROUPM4SG-CANCUN-TRAVEL-UNLIMITED-CANCUN-TRAVEL-INTERNATIONAL-SUNSET-HOTEL/Cancun-Select-StateProvince-77500/MARKETING-FOR-SUNSET-GROUPM4SG-CANCUN-TRAVEL-UNLIMITED-CANCUN-TRAVEL-INTERNATIONAL-SU-576858. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.