Complaint Review: MARKETING SOFT SOLUTIONS BAKU AZ

• Updated: Wed, May 04, 2011

• Reported By: John — Perrysburg Ohio United States of America
MARKETING SOFT SOLUTIONS BAKU AZ
Internet Azerbaijan

MARKETING SOFT SOLUTIONS BAKU AZ I was having problems with my PC and looked for help on internet and they popped up and some how and my cpomputer went crazy all know Iam out Baku, Azerbaijan

*Consumer Comment: Old scam.

Marketing Soft Solutons cost me a great deal of money. I ended up chargeing $ 99.90 on my Visa card when they said my pc was infected for their software and nothing happened.I had to go out and buy a whole new hard drive costing me $580.80 more dollars these p eople need to be stopped I want my money back and somebody to pay for it Visa is investegateing it right now can you HELP.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2011 12:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MARKETING-SOFT-SOLUTIONS-BAKU-AZ/internet/MARKETING-SOFT-SOLUTIONS-BAKU-AZ-I-was-having-problems-with-my-PC-and-looked-for-help-on-725579. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MARKETING SOFT SOLUTIONS BAKU AZ

Old scam.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

This one has been around for at least 3 years.   The scam is run out of Azerbaijan (that's where Baku is).   The idea is to make you think your computer is infected with a virus, then getting you to buy a "solution" from them.   That solution is actually another virus that their victims freely install.

I'm not sure why you would need a new hard drive.   Worst case with this virus is having to reformat and reload the operating system.  Next time you see the phony virus scan starting on your screen, don't click on anything and shut your computer down.  The scam only works if you respond to the phony warnings.

If you have filed a chargeback with Visa, that's about all you can do.   By now they should be well aware of this scam and have no problem returning your $99.