Complaint Review: MARLO FURNITURE

• Submitted: Fri, January 27, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, June 29, 2006

• Reported By:Washington District of Columbia
MARLO FURNITURE
3300 Forestville Lane Forestville, Maryland U.S.A.

MARLO FURNITURE ripoff DEFECTIVE RECYCLED FURNITURE Forestville Maryland

*Consumer Suggestion: Marlo Furniture (Forestville, MD Location) - Class Action Suit Petition

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: *UPDATE ..MARLO Furniture needs to be put out of business and all of the unsatisfied customers need to file a CIVIL law suite against MARO Furniture

*Author of original report: Defective Recycled Furniture

On December 8, 2005 I purchased a Cherry Oak 6 piece Queen Size bedroom set, a Master Piece Queen Size mattress set and a Wall Picture which totaled $2,351.97, also there was an 2 year NO interest advertisement running on TV for a least 2 weeks, when I went to purchased the furniture the Manager Paul Boroughs said that the Ad was for only one day 12/07/2005.

On Sunday December 18, 2005 7:30am, the furniture was delivered and assembled, after the delivery persons left to my surprise I noticed the head board was cracked and damaged, the nightstand was also damaged and they gave me the wrong mattress set. I immediately called the driver on his cell phone and addressed these problems. He told me that I needed to call the store and let them know so it could be replaced. I immediately went out to the store arrived their approximately 11:00.

I spoke with Mr. James Burgess who assisted me in the sale and he acknowledged that he made Dana who works in customer service aware that the mattress set were to be delivered per Paul Boroughs (Manager) and she refused to have them delivered. In fact she took it upon herself to remove the mattress set, which I originally ordered, a (Masterpiece Intelligent Indolence Bianca) out of the computer system and DOWN GRADED my mattress set to a Serta Island Shimmer, which is cheaper in price and quality. Upon my return to the store I found that the Mattress set I purchased was still sitting there with my name tagged to it.

I called on 12/20/2005 12:00 noon to inquire about my delivery the customer service agent had no records of any schedule delivery. So I asked to speak with the manager, a message was relayed by Ann Allison (manager) by the customer service agent to tell me that someone had to come out to my house and inspect the defective furniture to see if they could repair it. I then replied to her no one is coming to my house to inspect anything you are going to bring me brand new furniture and my mattress set I paid for. I purchased $2,351.97 worth of furniture, which is damaged and you want to come and repair it. Your manager Jack Tripple even addressed to me that the delivery person should not have assembled the damaged furniture.

I returned to the store again that evening on December 20 at 4:00 pm because I still was not getting any satisfactory on my purchase or delivery, I talked with the manager Paul Boroughs who made a statement that I thought was very discriminatory I know you have been treated worse then this at other places. And once the furniture is in my procession, a repair rep has to come out and inspect it to see if they could repair it. I responded by saying fist of all in all the years that I have been buying furniture or anything else I have never had to experience or go through anything like this and I would never shop at MARLO nor would I refer anyone else to shop here. Second, you are not going to sell or put $2,351.97 worth of damaged defective furniture in my possession and then try to send someone to repair it. He proceeded to say he would correct the problem by delivering my furniture on January 07, 2006 which will be a month later after my purchase.

On January 3, 2006, 2:18pm, I received a phone message from customer service stating that they cancelled my January 7th delivery on my mattress set and furniture because they do not have it in stock. I immediately went back to the store again when I received this message and the first thing I seen was my Mattress Set still sitting in the store with my name on it. I went to the Manager Paul Boroughs and requested that they cancel the full order because it has been a month and I have not gotten any satisfaction. He acknowledged to me that I could not cancel my purchase because the furniture is in my procession the only thing I could cancel is the mattress set. And someone has to come out and inspect the furniture. Again I acknowledged that no one is coming to inspect damaged furniture you all delivered and setup also the mattress is in my procession as well as the furniture why is it that I can cancel the mattress set but not the furniture. I am not paying $2,351.97 for damaged furniture that was delivered.

This is illegal MARLO is aware that the furniture in there stock is damaged but they still deliver it, and use the statement (Once the furniture is in your possession we have to send a technician out to repair it) and I need to contact customer service. When a customer purchases furniture from MARLO they are really purchasing damage furniture and not new furniture, I have spoken with other individuals who have purchase furniture from Marlo and acknowledged that they have had the same problems with MARLO.

On January 4, 2006 I called customer service and spoke with Kathleen, a customer service agent and she acknowledged that there is nothing scheduled for delivery in the system for me due to the merchandise is out of stock. I asked her how can that be, when I just came to your store 01/03/2006 after receiving your phone message and seen my Mattress Set sitting in your store with my name still tagged on it. She then told me that I just work in customer service you need to contact sales. This is the result of the run around I am receiving, customer service is pushing me on Sales and Sales is pushing me on customer service.

I also asked the customer service agent Kathleen could this purchase be cancelled, which I knew it could and she told me yes you can cancel, the Sales manager has to do this, Mr. Paul Boroughs insists from the beginning that he was not going to cancel the purchase. These illegal practices need to stop here and now, I am asking the legal system to take actions for all the customers who have been wrongfully robbed by MARLO Furniture Store, as they are trying to do to me.

I Larry D. Bartley as of January 4, 2006 I issued a notarized letter to the Sales manager Mr. Paul Boroughs and Customer Service manager Ann Allison. Effective immediately I am terminating my purchase and all services with MARLO Furniture Store due to illegal and unprofessional practices and I am requesting that the damage furniture and mattress set be removed from my premises within 10 days from the date above.
Invoice No. #12085FOXYLA and #12085FOXYTC

On Monday January 9, 2006 I went to open the dresser drawer and to my surprise the handle broke off now the dresser is also defective. So now that makes the whole bedroom set defective.

On Tuesday January 10, 2006 Stacy a customer service agent called my office to schedule an appointment to pick-up the furniture on Friday January 13, 2006 between the hours of 8:30am and 12:30 pm. I agreed to the pickup date and time. On January 13, 2006, I took the day off work so that I would be here when they arrived, at 11:45 am. I received a call from customer service stating that the driver would be an hour late getting to my address, because he had to pick up other furniture, again this shows the type of bad business, unprofessionalism and poor customer service management of MARLO Furniture. The driver never showed up or called nor did I receive a call from MARLO Furniture.

I knew from the unprofessional practices that they were not going to show up and pick up the furniture and I was correct. I called MARLO four times and asked to speak with someone in customer service and I was transferred to an answering machine. After the fourth time trying I finally spoke with a customer service agent at 4:57pm, Ms. Joy. And she acknowledged that the driver is still coming and I will be the last stop for him, I told her that I missed a whole day of work waiting on MARLO to pick up this broken defective furniture and no one ever showed up. Why didn't you all tell me that I was going to be the last stop I could have went to work today? She then said I have nothing to do with that and we didn't know anything about that, we just found out 20 minutes ago and they have not heard from the driver all day. If they didn't know why did a customer service agent called me at 11:45 am and said that the driver will be an hour late getting to my address. This is another con that MARLO is giving out. This is unacceptable and illegal for a consumer to conduct business like this. MARLO never showed up to pick up the furniture.

On Wednesday January 18, 2006 MARLO driver called me at my office and said that he was out side of my house waiting to pick up the furniture. I told him that he was 5 days late the furniture was supposed to be picked up on January 13th he then said I need to reschedule another appointment. Since then the furniture is still sitting in my house waiting to be picked up.
I have not contacted an Attorney to resolve this problem, I feel that MARLO is using my house for their personal storage space. MARLO Furniture needs to be put out of business and all of the unsatisfied customers need to file a CIVIL law suite against MARO Furniture.

Larry
Washington, District of Columbia

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Marlo Furniture

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2006 05:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MARLO-FURNITURE/Forestville-Maryland-20747/MARLO-FURNITURE-ripoff-DEFECTIVE-RECYCLED-FURNITURE-Forestville-Maryland-173609. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MARLO FURNITURE

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Marlo Furniture (Forestville, MD Location) - Class Action Suit Petition

AUTHOR: Lauren - (U.S.A.)

For many of you this website has been a GOD-send and to also let you know that you WERE NOT and ARE NOT alone in your fight against Marlo Furniture and their poor/illegal business practices.

My husband and I have been fighting with this company regarding false advertising and breech of contract issues for what seems to be an eternity. We have gone thru every route from hiring a lawyer (whom aslo was a victim of Marlo Furnitre bas business practices) in writing a letter to the President of Marlo Furniture, to disputing a damaging credit rating with all 3 Major Credit Bureaus! To no end, we have not seen one drop of relief and at this point, not even the BBB will OR can help us.

I found out recently that the BBB will not give Marlo a bad rating because Marlo Furniture is one of their MEMBERS!!! This is all illegal, even for the BBB to turn a blind eye to hundreds of complaints from unsuspecting consumers regarding Marlo's shiesty business practices, the worst of all customer services and "nit-wit" delivery people that do NOT deliver the goods on time, nor keep so-called scheduled appointments. This madess HAS TO STOP!!!

I would like for anyone whom is disputing ANY issue(s) with Marlo furniture currently or anything unresolved from the past to contact me and my husband through this web site - ((( email redacted by ROR))). We would like to get as many consumers as possible within the surrounding Maryland areas to join us in filing a class action suit against Marlow.

Although, I am still collecting legal Information, I feel we can at least start by banning together (exchanging names & e-mail addresses) to get these people out of business and/or ultimately banned from further selling their trashy furniture products in our communities!!!!!

Marlo is bad business for good, hard working Americans. We can do without another rip off artist preying on us as unsuspecting customers. Time and money are precious to MANY of US and and it's that which we do not have time to waste or throw out the window! ((email redacted by ROR)))" if you would like to join us in filing a CLASS ACTION SUIT against Marlow Furniture. I look forward to hearing from you all soon. In the meantime, (if you haven't done so already)please inform all family, friends and co-workers to steer clear of doing any business with Marlo! For the record, I'd rather shop at our local stores for "Stick Furniture" as opposed to dealing with the people running Marlo Furniture.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

AUTHOR: Larry - (U.S.A.)

I have now contacted an Attorney to resolve this problem, since I have not received any satisfactory from the complaint I filed with BBB against MARLO. MARLO Furniture needs to be put out of business and all of the unsatisfied customers need to file a CIVIL law suite against MARO Furniture. And I am going to do whatever in my power to see that MARLO is exposed and everyone who is involved. I Also found out that MARLO is a member of the BBB so therefore BBB does not take any actions against their members and give them a good rating, which is illegal.

After contacting my attorney, Wednesday February 8, 2006 7:00 am, MARLO finally came to pick up the DEFECTIVE DAMAGED FURNITURE. I will never attempt to purchase any merchandise not even a candle holder from MARLO, I am also going to encourage everyone that I know not to do business with MARLO ever.

Defective Recycled Furniture

AUTHOR: Larry - (U.S.A.)

On Sunday December 18, 2005 7:30am, the furniture was delivered and assembled, after the delivery persons left to my surprise I noticed the head board was cracked and damaged, the nightstand was also damaged and they gave me the wrong mattress set. I immediately called the driver on his cell phone and addressed these problems, he told me that I needed to call the store and let them know so it could be replaced. I immediately went out to the store arrived their approximately 11:00.

I spoke with Mr. James Burgess who assisted me in the sale and he acknowledged that he made Dana who works in customer service aware that the mattress set were to be delivered per Paul Boroughs (Manager) and she refused to have them delivered. In fact she took it upon herself to remove the mattress set, which I originally ordered, a (Masterpiece Intelligent Indolence Bianca) out of the computer system and DOWN GRADED my mattress set to a Serta Island Shimmer, which is cheaper in price and quality. Upon my return to the store I found that the Mattress set I purchased was still setting there with my name tagged to it.
There were at least 12 other customers along with myself waiting to see the manager to complain about their delivery also a representative from the Council of the Better Business Bureau Ms. Lolita Massey who was also among the group waiting to see a manager, she proceeded to take names of the customers who were not satisfied with MARLO service. At first I thought that that all of these unsatisfied customers who lived in or about the same area, were treated this way until I visited the web site www.ripoffreport.com and found that all of the MARLO Furniture store are practicing the same methods. I spoke with the manager on duty that day, Mr. Jack Tripple and he also expressed that the delivery person should not have assembled the damaged furniture and I would receive my replacement furniture on December 20, 2005.

January 4, 2006 I issued a notarized letter to the Sales manager Mr. Paul Boroughs and Customer Service manger Ann Allison. Effective immediately I am terminating my purchase and all services with MARLO Furniture Store due to illegal and unprofessional practices and I am requesting that the damage furniture and mattress set be removed from my premises within 10 days from the date above.

I have now contacted an Attorney to resolve this problem, I feel that MARLO is using my house for their personal storage space.