Complaint Review: M.A.R.Video

• Submitted: Wed, July 24, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, July 24, 2002

• Reported By:Versailles Ohio
M.A.R.Video
P.O.Box 9231 Sylmar, California U.S.A.

MRA Video is a ripoff; they sent more videos than I ordered & charged my account without permission. Sylmar, California

I ordered 3 videos for 30.96 I received 8 videos and was charged 80.95. This was after I repeatedly told the woman on the phone I only wanted the 3 videos. When I called the company they explained to me that I ordered the 8 videos when I ought to know what I ordered and the amount Of what I ordered.

The guy I talked to after I finally found a way to contact this company was very rude and did all but come right out and call me a liar. This is not the first purchase I have made via my credit but it will be the last.

This experience has really got me worried about people purchasing items over the phone with a credit card because your account is at the mercy of who ever you order from. They can take what they want out of your account without your authorization and then you have to fight with them to try and get your money back.

Robert
Versailles, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2002 05:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MARVideo/Sylmar-California-91392-9231/MRA-Video-is-a-ripoff-they-sent-more-videos-than-I-ordered-charged-my-account-without-p-25305. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on M.A.R.Video