Complaint Review: MATTRESS 1 one

• Submitted: Sun, November 18, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, November 18, 2012

• Reported By: I''m Frugal not Stupid — Davenport Florida United States of America
MATTRESS 1 one
42681 US Hwy 27 Davenport, Florida United States of America

MATTRESS 1 one False advertising, bait and switch in prices and promotional offers, argumentative, insolent and lying salesman. Disrespectful to say the least. Davenport , Florida

On 11/17/12 I went to Mattress 1 one on US hwy 27 to do purchase a mattress & box spring set. The person that greeted myself and and my husband identified himself as the Manager of that location. He appeared very helpful at first, however as soon as I stated I would not be making any on the spot decision he became aggressive in tone as to why I should buy the mattress set on the spot and added that it was only a two day sale. I firmly informed him i would return the following day if i was ready to make the purchase.

On 11/18/12 I returned to the same location this time with a flyer that was part of the Orlando Sentinel's Sunday Paper advertising bundle in which it clearly states that if you go in with the Ad customers will receive 5% OFF the entire Purchase. Upon entering the location  the same person that was there on 11/17/12 was there and immediately recognized my husband and I. We spoke briefly and I informed him that I would be making the purchase for the set which was advertised for $299.00.

We sat down and he proceeded to take down my information. During this time I presented him with the ad and inquired about the 5% off the purchase promotion. He alarmingly raised his voice and began ranting about a $100.00 Publix gift card of which we were not entitled to. I calmly explained that we were not interested in the $100.00 gift card promotion but in  the 5% off total purchase offer as indicated on the flyer. This person proceeded to disrespectfully state that the 5% off was not applicable to the purchase I would be making and continued by bringing out an INTERNAL MEMO from the Corporate Offices in which the $100.00 Publix promotional offer was being addressed. Once again, i corrected him about my not being interested in the Publix promotion but in the 5% off advertised promotion. He yelled while waving the MEMO in front of my face, "Well, this is about that too, they just forgot to add it on and I can't give you no 5% off of anything and we could end this sales right now!! Send an e-mail to corporate if you want, I'm just a salesman!!" At this point my patience was running thin and I simply told him that I would certainly not only be calling MATTRESS 1 one corporate offices to complain about him, his visible anger issues, their engaging in a BAIT & SWITCH tactics/scam, his over all negative impact on customers and company but that I would also be contacing PUBLIX corporate offices to inform them of my less than desirable experience with this person at this location. I am also a PUBLIX customer and I am sure PUBLIX will not want to be AFFILIATED with a company that has no regards for it's customers or it's image. Finally this person whom 1- Lied about the length of the SALE 2- Lied about whom he was 'Salesman or Manager' 3- Lied about the Promotional Offers yelled, "Good luck In Contacting them and finding their number. You are gonna complain about $15.00 dollars, good luck!" Before I left the store I more than calmly expalined that his internal memo was not information that was available to the public nor was it attached to the advertised promotions nor posted anywhere in the store and that for $15.00 dollars as he stated, he not only had lost a sale but a future customer and future prospective customers.... Social media is phenomenal.... As I complete this report, I will be be contacting PUBLIX SUPERMARKET CORPORATE OFFICES TO INFORM THEM OF THE NEGATIVE INFLUENCE THIS COMPANY IS HAVING ON THEM!! GOOD LUCK MATTRESS 1 one.... ONE check for MATTRESS FIRM!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2012 02:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MATTRESS-1-one/Davenport-Florida-/MATTRESS-1-one-False-advertising-bait-and-switch-in-prices-and-promotional-offers-argu-971030. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MATTRESS 1 one