Complaint Review: MAVERICK TRANSPORT- MAVERICK TRUCKING

• Submitted: Tue, November 27, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, March 18, 2010

• Reported By:elkton Maryland
MAVERICK TRANSPORT- MAVERICK TRUCKING
13301 Valintine Road Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.A.

MAVERICK TRANSPORT - MAVERICK TRUCKING LOW LIFE COMPANY HERE! Little Rock Arkansas

*Consumer Comment: DUH!

*Consumer Suggestion: Whats going on with specialized?

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Similar experience with me

*Consumer Comment: Dont worry driver, god may have been telling you something

*Consumer Comment: Similar experience

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: The Rear View

WARNING! dont fall victim to mavericks recruiting department like i did!these dirty low lifes are costing me my lively hood! can anybody tell me. how do you give some one a date let them resign from thier job and tell them to call for a confermation number for a bus ticket to little rock a few days prior to leaving to go to thier school and then tell me. (school is full this week i can try and book you next week, call back next week).

so i call back this past monday after thanksgiveing day cant get a hold of good ol recruiter by the name of chris leave him a message 2hours go by no call returned! so i call good ol chris back up, no answer! get his voicemail i left a message, thought about calling the supervisor wich i found out his name was brad-and by the way. chris wasnt returning my phone calls the week of thanksgiveing either thats how i got a hold of brad wich i found out he was just as brain dead as chris. evidently chris was makeing his own dates for my departure date and i didnt know anything about it!i was told a date followed through gave my notice at my job left there w/a new career on my minde, and today was told sorry school is booked til next year! SAVED money to live off of while learning this new career, now im spending my hard saved life savings I put back to do this and now my position is now covered at the job i just left and i have NO JOB! a wife and KID and CHRISTMAS right around the corner ALL THANKS TO MAVERICKS BRAIN DEAD RECRUITING DEPARTMENT! MAVERICK DOES-NOT CARE ABOUT ANYBODY OR ANYTHING BUT THIER SELFS I HOPE THIS COMPANY GETS WHAT THEY DESERVE ECSPECIALY CHRIS-ROT IN HELL! SORRY DUMB s****. />
Joeseph
elkton, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2007 06:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MAVERICK-TRANSPORT-MAVERICK-TRUCKING/Little-Rock-Arkansas-72117/MAVERICK-TRANSPORT-MAVERICK-TRUCKING-LOW-LIFE-COMPANY-HERE-Little-Rock-Arkansas-287228. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MAVERICK TRANSPORT- MAVERICK TRUCKING

DUH!

AUTHOR: sharp_cheddar - (United States of America)

Maybe if you weren't such a babbling idiot you would have been treated more reasonably. You could have made your point in 100 words or less, but instead you babble like some uneducated pinhead..I wouldn't call you back either.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Whats going on with specialized?

AUTHOR: Billy - (U.S.A.)

no comments on the complaints from above. the only one i can 100% agree with is justanumber. but how can a company force you to go to canada just because you have a clean record? or you take the other choice and be terminated due to not having a passport/passcard. so what are they going to do with those drivers who cannot go to canada? due to back child support,criminal record, etc. ok not here whinning or cryin just wondering about this.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Similar experience with me

AUTHOR: Justanumber - (U.S.A.)

I was told I was hired by Maverick after driving school. I was told I would go to orientation in a week or two by the recruiter Shia. I ended up waiting 8 weeks before I got a hold of another recruiter who told me that there is a 8 month wait for the regular flatbed division, but I could go to the specialized division right away.
Maverick is too cheap for a plane ticket, so I rode greyhound for 45 hours straight. When I did get my own truck, the training department didn't activate me so I wasn't available to get a load so I could go home for the Memorial day weekend, no one in the transportation industry in an office cares about drivers though.
Shortly after I got a load that was put on with a broken ratchet, but under a tarp, by maverick employees. After moving 150 miles or so it loosened up and the glass cracked. Maverick told me it was too expensive to have removed. I sat until 3 AM, when I did move all the extra straps and tape and tarps didn't keep 3000 pounds of glass from breaking in a few miles. I heard a report that day of a driver who was sentenced to prison for a load breaking and killing a family next to him. This very well could have been me, and Maverick doesn't care if it will save them a few dollars.

Dont worry driver, god may have been telling you something

AUTHOR: Jthad - (U.S.A.)

I know what your saying driver, MAVERICK SUCKS! BiG TiMe,, They gave me the run around for the last 3 sighn up's. They lied to me 8 times. But i tell ya I got my ducks in a row this round, I just put in a ap with them, and some how I knew they was going to tell me , (we are all good I see no problems, when would you like to come to little rock?)... yea right heard that to many times. But anyway this time I recorded there a*s. all 5 phone calls, they lied to me big time. and my lawyer has it now, and he sent a copy to the transportation cab in washington, they are laws for what they did. to start off they took my ap this time and told me we where looking good, and telling me we will get a bus ticket, a room and get you set up. but as days went by when they said they was going to call they never did.. MAYJOR RED FLAG so i called them, recruiter not there, and oh yes voice mail. left a message, I wait 3 hrs call back I get my recruiter he put me on hold guess what, ? they hung up on me, I call back. this time he went to lunch. yea bull s**t. so I call back when I do they asked me who is calling,, hehehehahaha, i said tell him its his brother. I hit record.. dam what a short lunch.. he was there. i told him who i was, and he said for me to hang on then he came back and said call me back, i said ok. so when i called back he had went home for the day.. now I am pissed. so after all that trouble they then had some one els tell me we was not able to hire you, I said why not , they said it was something on my dac. i asked them what was on my dac, they said we are not allowed to tell you, you will have to call dac services and get a copy, i told maverick that i do have one, i just faxed to ya 3 days ago, they said well hold on. and they hung up again. well i called right back, and i asked them what is the deal/ they keep telling me it was my dac, then, i said to them there is no way its my dac. well they said well its the requirments, you dont meet them. ok? what do i not meet. well we cant tell you, you will have to get that copy of that dac. I then got pissed, i told them why cant you tell me what you are looking at? I sighned a form allowing you to look at my dac, but then you cant tell me what you are reading, dam if you are going to lie, then you need to be better than that. so i asked them to hold on, i put the phone on mute, the convo is still being recorded. they say this.. ( he is not buying it what should i tell him next?). i get back on and i tell them thanks for your time, and then well they said a few other things but i cant say at this time, it could effect the law suit. but anyway they are liers, if they will lie before you walk in the door, its a red flag. dont work for them , that will tell you alot. there is no way i have a bad dac. i have every copy, there is nothing on it. i have a clean criminal record, no wrecks ever, 1 ticket 5 years ago in my car a 10 over 65 in a 55. and oh lets see .. it will show i worked for 2 companies in the last 10 years, i been driving flats for 15 years. never had a cargo claim, never lost a load, never turned a load down, and all companies will tell you i am a great driver, i have two awards, driver of the month, and a saftey award, so where is the prob at, i think they hired me , then didnt think it thru that they had no where to put me, and also, cant forget this part, i own a trucking company of three trucks, a auto haul business, my wife is the broker, and we have 77 accounts, we run all year around, so i think mavrick just needs to take there sighns dowm, that is a gimmick to. the top driver maybye might have made 35 grand. think about it. if they say they get there drivers home every weekend, how are the going to make 60 nthere first year/ that is a lie in its own top pay there is only .46 or 48. not sure. but you do the math. oh driver good luck to ya, if you want to sue them well look for it you will find it.... chow

#5 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Concerned - (U.S.A.)

I am sorry to hear about your experience. Ollie is correct in that Maverick had a transitional time where they quit sponsoring students to attend driving school. I know that Chris is not longer at Maverick and I think your case had something to do with that.

#6 Consumer Suggestion

#7 Consumer Suggestion

#8 Consumer Suggestion

Similar experience

AUTHOR: Bill - (U.S.A.)

I am an experienced driver but have had only one flatbed job. I tried to hire in to Mav around Christmas and followed up on into Jan 08 and could not get anyone to cal me back. I was brushed off by being told someone would contact me every time.

After about six times, i read between the lines and thought well, these guys are a real piece of work and rather than tell me they have no intention of hireing me they just jerk you around untill you go away.

Point is-The company condones this attitude and dispicable buisness practice or they would have been terminated along time ago. From another standpoint, i guess they did me a favor by showing me before hand that this is no company i would ever want to work for. Its just too bad you werent as fortunate.

Bill - Indiana

#10 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Ollieox - (U.S.A.)

I have been following reports of other Maverick applicants at (((redacted))). From the information gathered there, it appears you got caught in a change of policy for students. Sometime around the middle of November Maverick stopped offering schooling for their Flatbed Division - only offering it for the Specialized (glass) division. From what I've read, you weren't the only one this happened to. I think there was a great deal of confusion at that time.

I spent a year in the Specialized Division, and created a blog that details that year. You might want to check it out (ollie-ollieox.blogspot.com).

I'm not sure if the blog had any affect on upper management at Maverick, but I have read that they have now purchased 40 new glass trailers, and they have raised the Specialized Division pay by 4 cents per mile. So, things in that Division appear to be improving. Have you considered checking back with Maverick to see if you are in the hiring area for Specialized?

Good luck Joseph. There are other companies that offer training. Hopefully you will be starting the New Year with one of them.

#11 UPDATE EX-employee responds