Complaint Review: MAVIS, Inc

• Submitted: Thu, November 29, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, November 29, 2012

• Reported By: Rob — York Springs Pennsylvania United States of America
MAVIS, Inc
MAVIS, Inc (HR Recruitment Team), santa maria, Cal Internet United States of America

MAVIS, Inc Mr. Elaine Brazell (Personalmanager70@yahoo.com) Following an in-depth messenger interview, I was asked for two professional contact names, and then for the name of the banking institution that I deal with. When I asked the reasoning for the name of, Internet

I found the following job posting on Indeed.com/ITJobCafe

This is a Data Entry, administrative  assitant,Clerical Admin, Medicall Biller/Coding, Customer  Sevice,  Accounting, payroll Clerk, Book keeping, Typist  Clerk position, Working hours are flexible. you are also expected to come online through Yahoo Messenger during working hours and also for your online interview / job briefing. i will like to let you know that This is strictly an online/work from home job the working hours are flexible and you can choose to work from anywhere of your choice,the pay is $35 per hour and training is $20 per hour.... You will be get your payment bi weekly via direct deposit or paycheck working 40 to 45 hours weekly,if you are employed you are going to be working as a full employee and not an independent contractor. If interested, send your resume and cover letter to the Personnel Manager of our company (Mr Elaine Brazell) on (Personalmanager70@yahoo.com) and I want you to setup a yahoo messenger and if you got one , add Mr (the personnel Manager) on this ID (Personalmanager70@yahoo.com) asap for the interview/briefing and comprehensive job details.This is our first step to proceed further. She will be online waiting for you whenever you are ready. JOB REQUIREMENT:  * Have a yahoo messenger which you would be working with.  *Send your Resume and cover letter to (Personalmanager70@yahoo.com) for verification and assessment  * Add the Personnel Manager on your yahoo messenger list on (Personalmanager70@yahoo.com)  mark

MAVIS INC  (HR-Recruitment Team)
santa maria,California
Phone:  546-678-7896

I setup the messenger account and provided a copy of my resume. Immediately upon my inquiry, and without possibly reviewing my resume beforehand, a conversation ensued with "Personalmanager70" that included an in-depth interview involving a large number of questions about professional qualifications and experiences. Everything seemed legitimate enough (except for the fact that all questions/responses came to me in broken and incomplete sentences), until I was asked for my knowledge of petty cash transactions and two (2) professional references.

I directed "Personalmanager70" to another Ripoff Report posted to this website several weeks earlier and the person on the other end became somewhat defensive toward my questioning, denying any direct involvement in any such scams.

I was hesitant to base my judgement on a single fraud report and so provided the requested reference information. The next request was for the name of the banking institution that I deal with, and I replied with a question regarding the need for this information and the statement that I wouldn't be using my personal bank accounts for any such petty cash transactions on behalf of any Company. I was never provided with a reply to my question and when I mentioned my knowledge of such recent scams, was told that I would receive further information about the position via email. The conversation was ended at that time by "Personalmanager70", and I never did receive any further correspondences.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2012 09:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MAVIS-Inc/internet/MAVIS-Inc-Mr-Elaine-Brazell-Personalmanager70yahoocom-Following-an-in-depth-messenge-975474. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MAVIS, Inc